1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First attempt (3 pic. 173Kb)

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by luka, Jan 22, 2006.

1. luka

luka Well-Known Member

Hello to you all :)
    This is my first attempt in "zoom-in technique,and I would like, very much to here your opinion and any suggestions how I could improve this technique......thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

They all worked Luka, but I liked the third one best.

I'm not sure why you would want to do it though - other than that you can . . . . :)

3. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Not a bad attempt Luka. I like the third one best because it has central interest. Think about fine-tuning your images to get the best from them. A few quick adjustments to your third shot gave me this which I feel is a lot stronger.

[​IMG]

4. downfader

downfader Well-Known Member

Yep the third one is the best. The first one has a definate impact though, in an almost abstract way :cool:

5. luka

luka Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments Chris :)

Hi David....
    you are right about fine-tuning,but I'm too impatient, but you have prove me that I need to work on my images not just shot'em.......thanks :)

Hi Dan
    Thanks for the comments.........and my favourite is the first one...........

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. robertj

robertj Well-Known Member

Hello Luka, as yourself, I like the most the first one. Theoretically, as I know, if you focus on a subject and then zoom the subject will remain in focus. Therefore, the focused subject is the least blurred. In theory it could be sharp, but I guess that this may be difficult to achieve in practice, the reason being that in order to see the effect you have to choose relatively slow shutter speed, I guess, what in turn would mean blur by camera shake.

7. RM_London

RM_London Active Member

Personally I like David's treatment of number 3. But isn't it just easier to use the radial blur / zoom function in PS on a clean shot?

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Maybe the effect is subtly different ... but given that such an effect is always going to be just that, an effect, it seems that doing the processing in post gives you the option of much more control.

Roger

8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Morning Luka,

Like you and Robert, I find the first (1st) pic more effective but I do find the third(3rd) subject much more pleasing to look at :).

Cheers and Well done.

Jack

9. luka

luka Well-Known Member

Hi Robert...
    Yes you're right, it's difficult to get a main subject sharp, but I think with a lot of practice it can be done...
    All shots was taken wit 1/30sec. exposure

10. luka

luka Well-Known Member

Hello Roger....
    The effects that you have done is much better, becouse the main subject is sharp....
    To me it's not just to achieve a great effect, to me is to hold my camera and have a great fun with it , and personally I can't have that sitting in my room.....but like David sad I have to work on final touch.....

Cheers
    Luka

11. luka

luka Well-Known Member

Hi there Jack, and thanks for comment... ;)