1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Firmware for Canon 7D

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by RogerMac, Jun 24, 2020.

1. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

All the references on the web that I can find say that the latest version is 2.0.3 but my new (to me) model appears to have 2.0.6 already installed

Does anyone know what is going on?

Many thanks if anyone knows

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

RogerMac likes this.
  3. RogerMac

Many thanks for the link, and I appear to be on the latest version which is fine In fact I had checked both the UK site and the EU one and only found links to updating to 2.0.3 Canon must have two routes in!

Edit: considering how use the camera had had I suspect that the retailer (WEX) had done thefirmware update - which is very good service

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I always book mark the camera page. I try to keep the software uptodate. Although I use Lightroom I tend to download images with EOS utility* and do the “weeding” with DPP’s quick view function then add the folder to Lightroom.

*there are two versions. If I download EOS utility 3 for my 5Ds it updates EOS utility 2 for my 1Div and the launcher examines what camera is attached and launches the correct one.

RogerMac likes this.
  5. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

I updated mine sometime last year and it was 2.0.6 then

RogerMac likes this.
  6. RogerMac

Many thanks I will stop worrying now

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I never started worrying about it:D.

PSX_20200701_204616.jpg

8. RogerMac

Well if it's not given trouble to you why should I bother?

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I think there was one update that increased how many shots you get in a burst but I rarely run it until the buffer slows down so I never bothered.

RogerMac likes this.
  10. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I thought your camera already had the latest firmware?