1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fireworks

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Col. Hogan, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Col. Hogan

Col. Hogan Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any suggestions as to good film for shooting fireworks? I'm thinking about hitting some of the local fireworks displays tomorrow evening and I was just wondering. Would there be any arguments for slide over print film?

2. David Stout

David Stout Well-Known Member

A good slow slide film like Velvia sounds good. Prefer slide to print unless you do your own colour printing - as there is a lot of dark sky (usually with fireworks), most labs average the exposure giving a muddy grey/brown for the sky. At least with slide you won't have this problem.

Don't forget the old tripod and a longish exposure to capture several bursts - cover the lens with a piece of black card between each burst unless you are able to make multiple exposures.

Enjoy the day!

David

3. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

What are you celebrating, by the way, Diane?
    <font color=red># <font color=blue>
    FOR AND ON BEHALF OF HER MAJESTY'S COLONIAL OFFICE

4. Col. Hogan

Well, over here, it's Independence Day. You know, independence from [dare I say it?] the British 225 years ago! That'll go over lovely with everyone here. Oh well. &lt;img src="/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif"&gt; Remember, our friend &lt;b&gt;Clive &lt;/b&gt; (the notorious &lt;font color=red&gt;#&lt;/font color=red&gt; asked for the answer.

5. Canonball

Canonball Well-Known Member

Surely you knew the answer to that one Clive, You were around at the time weren't you?/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Geoff

6. Canonball

So how did the celebrations go Diane? Have you sobered up yet?/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Geoff

PS I lied, I've only got 89

7. Col. Hogan

I don't drink alcohol. Had a nice day off yesterday and what did I do? Not a whole heck of a lot. The only problem was that today felt like Monday. Lots of things decided not to work today. At least tomorrow is Friday! &lt;img src="/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif"&gt;

What? 89 bottles of beer on the wall?

8. Canonball

Know the feeling Diane. I've not had a drink in nearly 2 years or a smoke in 6 months. Life is one helluva drag. So was yesterday a public holiday in the States then?

Geoff
    PS I meant cameras - 89 not 90

9. Col. Hogan

Yes, it was. Okay. 89 cameras. Only Will has 89 bottles of Bushmills on the wall! &lt;img src="/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif"&gt;

10. Canonball

Well 89 bottles maybe, but I'd bet at least 80 of them would be empty./img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Geoff

11. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

So you have'nt had a drink and you have'nt had a smoke, so that only leaves.....
    Big(alcohol never touches my lips...I suck it through a straw)Will

12. Canonball

Nah! I can't remember that far back Will!/img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

Canon(Why that Collie's looking nice tonight)ball

13. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Geoff I would advocate that you start drinking and smoking again. It might stop you being such a pain in the butt. Don't start the other thing, at your age it will certainly be a strain and anyway probably a physical impossibility.

Brian. /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

14. Canonball

Hey I'm warning you Mr T, you're heading for trouble me old mate. Waddaya mean at my age? You're as old as you feel and right now I feel like an 18 year old. Trouble is I can't catch 'em any more!/img/wwwthreads/frown.gif
    So from now on lets see you show some respect for your superiors, of the Canon using variety/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Geoff

15. Col. Hogan

Well, I got my slides back today and there were some cool looking ones. Didn't know what to expect with the fireworks. Had fun doing it though.