1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire alarm legislation

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Oct 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Nice one!
    I'm usually quite lucky here. The house is very well insulated with heat gathering windows from sunlight too. I seldom have to have the heating on for more than a couple of hours at a time to heat my place up nicely.

John Farrell likes this.
  2. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

We had double glazing installed just after we bought the house. The walls and ceiling were already insulated (the house was built in 1979, the year wall insulation became a requirement). We had extra insulation put in the ceiling, at the time of the flood repairs. At night, in the winter, we shut off most of the house, and run the dining room heatpump on 13 degrees, with the door open to the hallway, just to keep off the chill. I don't like a hot bedroom.

Catriona likes this.
  3. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

^
    I believe that your body temperature needs to drop a couple of degrees for sleeping, so having a hot bedroom is never a good idea

4. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I only run the heating for a few hours on an evening if it is very cold and always turn it off at least an hour before I go to bed. If I don't then I cannot sleep

Catriona likes this.
  5. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

You are of course correct.

My bad :oops:

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Well we have both at work, but for very different reasons! ;)

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Yes. It would be environmentally reprehensible to have leakage of CO2.