1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Final solution?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mike40, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

2. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Obviously, the boar thought the laptop was a (big) Mac.

dream_police and Mike40 like this.
  3. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

Of course it's an option but few of the bathers are willing to go further out of their way.

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Of course it is not the right time of year. Let the piglets grow a bit more pork on them.
    Sadly these animals have grown accustomed to people and may well be dangerous if people try to rescue the picnics. Its the public's fault for encouraging them.
    If these animals were not so famous nobody would mind. Wild boar are regularly shot to control numbers and very good meat. In this country a lot of deer are shot for the same reasons.
    Anyone who eats meat should realise that meat comes from slaughtered animals and stop being sentimental.

5. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

Ah, the victim blaming argument!!

I think there are very few who do not realise that meat comes from slaughtered animals - except, perhaps, small children. Yes, I eat meat and enjoy it but have not yet passed into some state of perfection where I can contemplate a vegan diet.......but I do not think I have some god-given right to slaughter wild creatures who may inconvenience humans - I would surmise that wild boar are more indigenous to that area of Berlin than nudists.

I presume you realise that I did start the thread with my tongue firmly in my cheek!! I love Berlin but find the weight of history almost overwhelming - maybe my age?

Take care,
    Mike

AndyTake2 likes this.
  6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I thought that your title would have been different if the animals and people involved had not been Germans. People and animals are both indigenous to that part of Germany. People are higher up the food chain than boars. There are perhaps too many people.

7. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

No, it’s the old Herman Goering Reichsjägermeister thing.......

Take care,
    Mike

AndyTake2 likes this.
  8. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

9. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

How easily humans resort to killing, especially the so called sport hunters, I would like to see them as sport

Mike40 likes this.
  10. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Rumour has the blessed Bozo is off killing grouse for fun.

Graeme

Mike40 likes this.
  11. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

That’s two of us. Sadly it’s either part of the feudal structure in the countryside, where the peasants pander to the gentry, or some sort of sadism inherent in certain countries like italian peasants lining up to shoot the migrating flocks or the french deploying their sticky-glue traps.

Sadly, sufficient people find it rewarding that, even when made illegal, it continues.

Take care,
    Mike

12. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

Thankfully, bozo has less hand/eye co-ordination than Wilfred - in addition to which, at times of stress, he rises onto tiptoe (watch his speeches)....... this, I am advised, is not a good posture for firing a 12 bore unless you want to end up flat on your back........I think the grouse are safe - I thought he was staying on a trump owned property.

Take care,
    Mike

13. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

There are some pretty unpleasant things in the image, although the boar looks happy. Presumably it wouldn't understand your final solution reference, but applying it to people who take laptops with them to places like this is tempting.

Does your browser block third-party 'data harvesting' cookies?
    The Guardian's website has even more of them than the AP one.

14. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

My Mac is fully shielded and protected from as many ‘nasties’ as possible.......more than I can say for the boar!

Take care,
    Mike