1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Film SLRs still being used

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Malcolm_Stewart, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I have two(2) cameras with film in 'em (a Konica Hexar and an Ashaiflex II) and, possibly, a third camera (PZ-1 .... somewhere). I believe the film will have been
    in them from somewhere around the mid-2000's. I have been meaning for the last
    several(ish) years to take 'em out and finish the rolls ......... if only just so I can see
    what's on them;)

Cheers,

Jack

2. John King

John King Well-Known Member

I have had digital cameras of varying standard but I have now gone back full time to using film./ I am fortunate still to have all my darkroom equipment in full running and working order. Cameras used all Nikon F601. 2 x F80's and a F100 with an assortment of lenses

Colour printing - no problem with film and paper by Fuji and RA4 chemicals from Kodak (now manufactured in China) C41 developer/blix from various sources.

Black and White - no problem with almost as much available now as there was 20 years ago, you only have to send for it by mail order.

I have also started using slide film again. This has really taken a hit, but the 3 cassettes I have processed in the past 2 weeks proves to me that no projected digital image comes even close to a well exposed, sharp and fully saturated E6 transparency.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  3. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Well done John !! There are thousands of members of 'Flickr' all over the world who use film including me -- I have been photographing today with my little free gift MINOX 35GT loaded with outdated HP5+ -- in my Mamiya C220 I have Ilford Delta 100, in my FED 4 some 2005 dated 'Tudor' ( FUJI) 100 rated at 64 ASA, in my Canon AE1 some Tri-X of 'Dubious date' -- I have my darkroom gear ready and have just been given a nice Hoya 60mm f4 enlarging lens I am waiting to try! :cool::cool::cool: