1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

film PALAST

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Lounge Lizard, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Neon sign through raindrops on glass. It looks better full size than it does on screen - the rain drops tend to get lost!

[​IMG]

2. mags

mags Well-Known Member

:cool: :eek: :cool: ( its not a comment if its emoticons is it :D)

3. Lounge Lizard

You must have been on a camera club judging course - if I read your emoticons correctly, it's a kiss slap kiss...

4. mags

mags Well-Known Member

Goodness david, if i let my mouse hover over the emoticon legend it shows them to be "Cool, Shockled, Cool".... it was the closest I could get emoticon wise to awesome, your version makes me sound like a "Happy slapper" :D ;)

5. Lounge Lizard

It was a light-hearted response. 'Kiss slap kiss' is a standard approach for critiquing and encouraging at the same time - the emoticons fitted so well. ;)

6. mags

mags Well-Known Member

Ah, :) you see I've never joined a camera club, let alone judged, anything, i'm not the right sort for that kind of thing.

7. Lounge Lizard

Don't worry, it's not a crime and it's not compulsory. ;)

The principle of 'kiss slap kiss' is that you start out by describing what is good about the picture and then follow it up by the weak points but always finishing on a high note to leave the author with more positive feelings. The objective is to be honest but without being brutal, to suggest improvement and to encourage at the same time.

8. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Oh I love...it...(am I allowed to say that :D :D)

9. sey

sey Well-Known Member

only if he loves it....back,
    then we're into that mutual meaningless backslapping thing..... :D ;)