1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

film development problem

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by fulvio, Mar 24, 2003.

1. fulvio

fulvio Well-Known Member

I've just developed a B&W film shot with my Pentax MX. In some of the frames the right hand edge is streaking into the negative ... and the gap between this and the next frame is wider than normal. it's not on all of them, just a few in the middle and so I'm not making the same mistake/ camera fault (?) all the time. I reckon I am just not winding on fully. But if so, why is the right hand margin streaked rather than a neat space but wider? Needless to say, I've done in the best frames.

2. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Sebastian,
    Did you have the correct amount of chemicals in your tank, and was the film able to sit properly on the base of the tank?
    Are the tracking holes showing any sign of distortion - could the camera have dragged the film?
    Jo.

Bye For Now,
    Jo/img/wwwthreads/wink.gifBecause I'm worth it! (Blatantly Nicked from TV advert.)

3. fulvio

fulvio Well-Known Member

No. Close examination of the film now that it's dry shows that there is no streaking on the right margin - the frame shows a river scene so there are lots of white and blacks. What I have done is wound on too hurriedly, cutting the size of the frame and increasing the space before the following frame.

Thanks.

4. JMACNALLY

JMACNALLY RIP

That doesn't ring true to me. It sounds more like the second shutter curtain dragging a bit. Try firing at all shutter speeds with the back open and see if the shutter blinds travel evenly especially after winding on.

Johnmac