1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feedback please

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by petebarker, Jan 24, 2006.

1. petebarker

petebarker Member

2. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Hey Pete dude

I like the minister shot. Could be straightened up a bit but I like the halo effect around his hair and those organ pipes looking like teeth above him. Might look good in B&W too.

3. petebarker

petebarker Member

4. RM_London

RM_London Active Member

It would be a lot easier, and faster, if you posted them in the forum as per the posting guidelines rather than as a list of links.

Or is that just me ...

Cheers
    Roger

5. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Maybe Pete's web hosting site doesn't permit external linking to images. There's no rule say that they 'have' to be embedded but I go along with the general idea that if you make them easier to see, you are more likely to get feedback.

6. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Oh, Pete .... what's that bit of deviant art under your name on the left? ;)

[​IMG]

7. petebarker

petebarker Member

oh well i soupose some one must support vale. :D

8. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Links to images

The problem with downloading (in this case) 7 images when your on dial-up or out on the road using a mobile phone (bluetooth) to laptop or windows mobile phone is the loading time, plus you might be charged per 1mb as well...

So, we have to reach a compromise somewhere – that’s why I like a small clickable image so that everybody can see the images.

If you’ve got Adobe ‘Save for Web’. Colour images need be no more that 20/50k (depending on detail and colours) and b/w 10/25k.

The trouble is that people are using free hosting sites and putting up large size images then hoping they can get below the 100k by adjusting the size – starting with 600px then 500 px and so on until it gets below 100k – totally wrong!

What should happen is that you upload a 600px image below 100k to start with (in a special folder on your hosting site). Then place it in the forums…

There are plenty of free programs that can resize an image before you upload and if you want help you only have to ask me…

Chris

9. RM_London

RM_London Active Member

Re: Links to images

Maybe links should be restricted to the gallery forum and make this forum images only? You could still permit images to link through to a larger version if the author desires, but at least this makes sure that posts want feedback actually contain images.

Just a thought from a newcomer! Wouldn't want to upset the status quo around here.

Roger

10. 0

0 Guest

I find that deviantart crashes my browser when I visit the site. I don't know if embedded images would have the same effect. (Yeah, I know, upgrade my browser, but as it's the only site that does this, I don't actually have that much incentive.)

11. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

It doesnt crash my prowser but it takes forever and is all over the place. Same as you it is the only site that does it so I just dont go there...

12. petebarker

petebarker Member

just want to say thanks for all the replies.

thanks

pete :D

13. SiFowler

SiFowler Well-Known Member

Hi Pete

Welcome to the forum.... and to Llandudno (I live in Conwy).

Some good efforts there, wo is that Minister?