1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Feb 17th - World Cat Day

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Feb 17, 2018.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Bit late in the day to take a picture of Paolo (he's drifting off on our bed just now) but I'll try to remember to upload some when back on the PC.

3. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Ah, an excuse for George to get in on the action! He's the cat equivalent of a
    Ninja!

George-3LR3.jpg

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

He often climbs up my guitar, on to the bookcase and tries his luck with the cockatiel!

George-Hunts-Eddie.jpg

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

What on earth are you talking about - EVERY day is cat day...

Cat on a Beanbag.JPG

Trannifan, Geren and EightBitTony like this.
  6. Andrew Flannigan

Yowwwwllllll...

Yowl.jpg

7. Andrew Flannigan

WHICH bit of "Do Not Disturb" is outside your limited human understanding?

Pre-2000 050.jpg

8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

_P9A8972.jpg

Whenever I walk past this house there's a large barky dog who hurls himself up at the gate making the most godawful racket while the cat nimbly jumps up onto the wall and throws out silent disdain at both the dog and anyone who might be thinking of trespassing.

Zou, Trannifan and EightBitTony like this.
  9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

_P9A8692.jpg

The College Cat.

In truth, there are several cats roaming around the area, all presumably having humans in the nearby houses. It's quite funny to see them parading around and it feels as if they have a regular meeting spot around the back of the college building. At some point the meeting is formally dismissed and you see a line of cats running out in an orderly fashion as if they're all heading for the same bus.

This one however is the only one who really likes to come inside. If the weather is warm enough for us to to open the door and let some air in, she'll almost instantly appear and insist on getting ALL the attention. I am very much a cat lady but this little madam has walked all over my keyboard and farted at me one time too many so I'm only granting very limited indoor privileges at the moment.

10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Our buggers aren't that keen on being photographed. This is Kotaro as a kitten. He's grown somewhat now.

[​IMG]Kotaro by Nigel G, on Flickr

Zou, Craig20264, Trannifan and 3 others like this.
  11. Andrew Flannigan

On patrol...

Pre-2000 022.jpg

12. dream_police

Hiding.

Ollie the ragdoll

ollie.JPG

Trannifan, EightBitTony and Geren like this.
  13. Andrew Flannigan

You are thinking chicken. You are thinking chicken. You are thinking chicken...

Pre-2000 038.jpg

Trannifan and EightBitTony like this.
  14. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

171015-Helensburgh-005.jpg

World Cat Day, you say? So you're taking my photograph? In what way, shape or form, does that benefit me? Fish on the other hand. Fish for tea. That might be acceptable. Or not. I'll get back to you.

15. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

16. dream_police

This was Kotaro's (on the left) first time outside last year when he was eventually happy to walk on grass (about 6 months old). Overseen by Shadow.

shadow and kotaro.jpg

17. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

171015-Helensburgh-001-copy.jpg

I am still not sure there's enough veneration going on.

18. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]dotty3 by Martin Bone, on Flickr

You have to be wary of Dotty, the three legged feline, or she'll have you with her stump!

19. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Sam-web.jpg Young Sam Neko-II-Web.jpg Neko Sam-iii-web.jpg Sam "push off human, I'm waiting for dinner"

S

20. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart