1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Favourite of 2016

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Zou, Dec 22, 2016.

1. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

That gave me a good chuckle, after some mad city-centre shopping! Cheers, Oly

2. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Nova Cafe, Dunedin, on a winters morning.

[​IMG]

AdrianSadlier and Geren like this.
  3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

My fave would probably be this, taken in Bergamo one night. Originally I foolishly corrected the verticals, but this is as shot, turned to mono and I much prefer it.

[​IMG]

AdrianSadlier, miked, Zou and 2 others like this.
  4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Well, I've hardly had time for photography this year what with a sick elderly father, a house to refurbish, and much longer hours at work and commuting. Cricket has been about the only time I've had a chance to get the thing out (as it were). I can't decide, so I'll put the other one up elsewhere. BTW, Photobucket always used to be nice to use, but now it's awful, and constipates my computer any time it is open - are they trying to drive away the non-payers? In fact, it's so sh*t today I'm just going to link the file from my desktop!

Adrian

Damo swings.jpg

5. londonbackpackr

londonbackpackr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]London Fashion Week by George Griffin, on Flickr

Difficult to choose one but this was one of the first street portraits I took this year. So for that, I've gone with it as my favourite.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Difficult. I choose this one because I like the facial expression of the guy nearest the water and I know what comes next. His expression two frames later is stoic. This was the first visit to the Lee Valley whitewater centre and it was a grotty day weatherise and I only had a 70-200 lens with me but it was good fun and I definitely want to go back with a 300 mm and when the sun is shining. [​IMG]274A1544 by Pete, on Flickr

7. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Hi Zou, I watched all the videos just before Christmnas but it's only now I've managed to get back in front of the PC! Three of the photographers I knew already - Nobuyoshi Araki, Daido Moriyama and Eikoh Hosoe - I've had Moriyama's Phaidon 55 book from 2001, back in the days when I shot film and had a penchant for gritty, grainy black & white prints ! The other photographers were interesting (and I'd probably have liked them more 15 years ago when b&w photojournalism was my thing, these days I tend to be seeking out photographers who work mostly in colour for my inspiration) The only two who did absolutely nothing for me were Sohei Nishino who just seemed a bit of an obsessive, not a bad thing in photography but his end results all looked a bit samey to me and Tomoko Sawada who just annoyed the life out of me, in the same way Cindy Sherman does :(

8. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

9. abandonedbritain

abandonedbritain Well-Known Member

I would have to say my favourite was also my hardest pic to get, the fact its on a restricted military site and on a bog made it particularly memorable!!

[​IMG]

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Bit late to the thread (as usual)
    It was a traumatic year one way or another and in September Mrs S's daughter got married. She had a professional photographer for the wedding and as I'd not long had my hernia op went lightweight.
    This I shot with my Pentax QS-1 and I'm fairly certain I like it.
    [​IMG]

I see flickr has bodged it slightly(!) but I think you understand

AdrianSadlier and daft_biker like this.