1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Nikon?

Discussion in 'Nikon Chat' started by Clive, May 29, 2005.

1. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

It would appear I'm not alone in being an ex-c....., ca......., can......., can't say it! [​IMG]

Suffice to say I jumped ship in '99 with the F100 and went digital with the D100 in '04, having had (still have) an A1 since 1983/4. Still getting to grips with the D100, not that I've mastered the F100 yet! [​IMG]

2. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

My favourite Nikon? No contest - it's this one:

[​IMG]

3. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

That one does it for me too. [​IMG]

4. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

how about one of these?
    [​IMG]
    I love mine, and is a joy to use. [​IMG]

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I rather like this one:

[​IMG]

Also

FM
    FT3

and I have to confess a soft spot for the Pronea S (it's kinda cute......like kittens). [​IMG]

6. GeoffC

GeoffC Well-Known Member

Re: Well mine and Geoff's is this one.............

NO it didn't, because there never was a Hansa Kwanon. [​IMG]

7. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Re: Well mine and Geoff's is this one.............

"If you want a camera to take with you for fun, relaxation and vacation remember that this is a huge hulking pro camera. You will stand out everywhere you go, and you'll always know you have this thing around your neck."

Says Ken....., sorry forgotten his name. So that lets me out of the equation.

8. Wilko

Wilko Well-Known Member

Re: Favourite Nikon

Well I've used or owned

F50
    F90X
    FM3A
    Nikkormat EL2 x 3
    F5 x 2

I suppose the F90X would be the favourite, it's fairly quick and at least you can remove the battery pack to reduce its bulk. I must admit that I'm moving towards smaller cameras that will slip into the pocket. I recently lugged an F5 and a couple of lenses to Spain for a week and never even took them out of the rucksack. Brian is right, you stand out like a sore thumb (with a sore neck).

A bottle of Bushmills would have been a better bet - at least I wouldn't have had to lug it home again. [​IMG]

9. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

If you must stick with Nikon I think Hugh has the right idea.:)

Never tried Bushmill Graham. Nick said that he would like a Deukers (sp?) the other day. Thought was on about a single malt. Then went into a pub in Otley and saw they had it on draught, I thought blimey real drinkers here, if it had been Bushmills I would have guessed they were waiting for an invasion from you know who.;) But it turned out that it was a bitter, tried one, not bad, in fact not bad at all if a little strange.

10. Col. Hogan

Col. Hogan Well-Known Member

F5
    FM3A
    D2H

It's a tie between the F5 & the D2H. It depends on whether I'm shooting digital or not.

My favorite camera at the moment? My 8x10 Ansco. [​IMG]

11. Mark_Norton

Mark_Norton Well-Known Member

My favourite of all time is undoubtedly the FM3A...

12. lespaul

lespaul New Member

my best nikon was the fm if the industry could come up with a simple digital version i would be happy

13. lespaul

lespaul New Member

i use a richo r1 a lot and it never fails

14. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

I thought you were more guitars than cameras, Les [​IMG]
    So not Nikon, not Ricoh, but Gibson?

15. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

He has a birthday in a few days time - 90 I think?

16. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

17. sey

sey Well-Known Member

Just goes to show how far back we go, hey Clive? [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

I am not particularly a fan of his, but I had a part time job in the music department of a Manchester store in the early fifties (paying my way through college) and the customers asked continually and repeatedly for the Les Paul, Mary Ford, multi-track records that were a totally new thing at that time. If you hear the same tune repeated over and over for 9 hours it tends to sear into your brain.

19. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

How high the moon? [​IMG]

20. phiggy

phiggy Well-Known Member

Favorite Nikon?

Favorite Nikon has to be the F90/F90x.
    I have shot thousands of frames with them and the F90 is still in use when I shoot weddings.
    I can pick it up and use it instinctively.
    But I have become very attached to my D2H and D70 in fact I can't remember the last time I used my Fuji S1 or S2pro bodies. [​IMG]