1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Fault - Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS8 Camera

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Mawkguc, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Mawkguc

Mawkguc Member

Fault - Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS8 Camera

The lens will not retract and i get Sytem Error Focus. I am told this a common fault.

Any ideas Thanks?

2. Kneth

Kneth New Member

3. Kneth

Kneth New Member

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I doubt you can do much beyond cleaning around the lens with a fine brush if you can get it to maximum extension. It only takes a small bit of grit to jam. The compact camera market used to turn out new models faster than you could count so it is a bit unlikely there will be spares. You could enquire about repair but most places charge £30 just to look.

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

It is a fault that occurs on many similar cameras, not just Panasonic. The plastic gears in the mechanism tend to strip, the only options are to either renew the lens unit or replace the camera.

6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

With my Lumix DMC LX100 it happened recently that the lens would not expand on switching it on. I wondered if It had switched on as I removed it from the case and inadvertently my hand had stopped the lens expanding.
    I tried several things including removing battery and reinserting it but nothing worked. I had also had the focus error message.
    In the end, in frustration, I dunted its base on the kitchen table.
    It worked.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019