1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Experiences of sigma 30mm f/1.4

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by Bone_Idle, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Bone_Idle

Bone_Idle Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed using the OM10 with the 50mm f/1.8 (even though I struggled with focus) and I'm considering the sigma lens to give be a similar sort of field of view and speed.

Anyone have any experience of this lens?

The alternative is the sigma 24mm f/1.8.

2. Moos3h

Moos3h Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are referring to the current model 30mm f1.4 EX, but I've used this model on dSLRs and been incredibly pleased with the quality. Sorry that I can't give you a film answer.

Not cheap, but then again, quality never is!

Cheers,
    James

3. Lstock

Lstock Well-Known Member

the sigma won't cover the 35mm image circle ....

4. Bone_Idle

Bone_Idle Well-Known Member

Just read my original post, it is very misleading.

I'm looking for a similar speed and focal length on my Olympus E500! The sigma is 10mm longer, equivelent focal length, and a bit faster, but essentially what I'm after.

5. pompeysnapper

pompeysnapper Well-Known Member

just ordered one for my canon 20d...will let you know when i have taken it for a spin. Reviews/write ups on the net are excellent. :cool: