1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Exam Results

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MickLL, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Dave or you Nige have made an outrageous comment. I do not know which of you because I do not know the facts of the case. Perhaps you would both like to clarify what you each know and not presume.

2. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

In was a tongue in cheek remark, after the appointment of Baroness Harding as head of the organisation replacing Public Health England. She was in charge of track and trace which hasn't been brilliant. It seems incompetence is the passport to fame and fortune these days.

AGW likes this.
  3. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

The cynic in me would say that Cummings made the decision to protect Williamson last week and the good lady has waited until they offer a sufficiently large inducement for her to take the fall.

Graeme

Trannifan and DaveM399 like this.
  4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Tongue in cheek from me too with a hint of sarcasm. I have no idea of the facts but let's be honest, it really isn't beyond the realms of possibility is it?

5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

The same Dido Harding who had an executive position at the Jockey Club when it allowed the Cheltenham Festival to go ahead during a pandemic. She also won the award for the worst customer service 2 years running as CEO of Talk-Talk.

6. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

If we employed "top" people on ability a huge proportion of the country's institutions would be leaderless. One wonders how many people got where they are because in many cases it cannot be because of their ability. We had, when I was there, two technical managers at work, Boeing and Airbus, one was an excellent manager and the other really lacked something, I can't say what. The staff of one of them would have done anything for their manager, the staff of the other one wouldn't. One was male the other female, guess which one had the loyalty?

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

She's resigned because the government refused to listen to Ofqual advice, and now refuse to accept the blame for not doing so.

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Because of their ability to get there. That is a separate and distinct ability from being able to do stuff that isn't to do with getting there.

Andrew Flannigan and Learning like this.