1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovision

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bettina, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

As we were off-line for a while, had to find something else to do! Guess what, I watched the British Eurovision selection. What did you make of it?

Bettina

http://www.vibrantpictures.co.uk

2. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

If you watched that then all I can say is thank god we're back online again! You must have been really bored Bettina. Eurovision is the biggest pile of dingoes kidneys ever to affront our TV screens in my opinion. I wouldn't watch it if you paid me! Why the europeans go for it in such a big way remains a total mystery to me. I reckon it's all a fiendish plot by the government to improve adult literacy by getting us all to switch our TV's off! /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

3. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I didnt watch it Will..too busy trying to work out where everyone was hiding....but I just saw a clip of the winner on the news...I think shell get your support/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Graeme

AGW[​IMG]

4. RadoAds

RadoAds Well-Known Member

I heard she didnt have enough "support", especially when she was jumping about when she won.

5. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Well just as Jordan did'nt win then. BTW I just read the news on the BBC website.

I had more imprtant things to do, like going down the pub.

The good thing about Eurovision is Terry Wogan taking the piss /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

<font color=blue>Steve C Thompson</font color=blue>

6. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Re: Eurovision / TV on the Radio

Just took a look at the "lyrics" to her song. Do I detect "null points"? /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

On a more sombre note, Tommy Vance has died three days after suffering a stroke.

Tim BSRIPN
    [​IMG]

7. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

I too have just read about Mr Vance. A voice I grew up with when he was on Pirate Radio.

8. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

Caught the reprise of the winner - if that's the winner god help us. For once I didn't mind the victor thanking "England" for voting - on this occasion "England" you are welcome - there are better voices on that other karaoke show for comic relief.

9. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

You were listening?!?... The trick is to turn the volume right down!/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Graeme

AGW[​IMG]

10. Wilko

Wilko Well-Known Member

I think we should have Ade Edmonson as our Eurovision entry

Graham NRIPN

11. 0

0 Guest

I reckon it's all a fiendish plot by the government to improve adult literacy by getting us all to switch our TV's off!

Nah, the programmer makers are doing that!

12. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Abba!

Last time I watched it Abba won with Waterloo :)

Chris [​IMG] ...sorry Terry...

13. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Re: Abba!

The last time I watched it Wellington won at Waterloo /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

14. 0

0 Guest

Re: Abba!

One of my (very) distant cousins sang for Luxembourg back in (I think) 1965. She don't think she did very well.

15. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Waterloo...

"The last time I watched it Wellington won at Waterloo"

I was at that battle (in a previous life) - I remember Wellington riding up to me and asking what I was doing with that Canon. "Shooting it Sir". I said. "Well next time, put some fu*king balls in it and you might hit something!". he said...

Chris [​IMG] ...I dunno, there's no pleasing some people...

16. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Re: Waterloo...

It were a battle of Waterloo than young Chris was lined up on Parade.

E was standing to attention when Sargent Major come up and knoked Chris's canon out of es and.

"Private, pick up thy canon." Said sargent major.

"No, you's knocked down, you pick it up" said our Chris.

Then up raod Wellington, e on is orse.

And Willington said "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, young lad pick up thy canon, there's a good lad".

Aye, I pick up t'canon for yer ye. But that Sargent Major McCandless can feck off."

/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

17. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Last time I watched it...no, wait, I've never been that syupid!/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Nick BSRIPN
    And why not?

18. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

To which Sargent Major McCandless replied.......it may be buckshot to Wellington but it's "balls to you!" /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

19. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

I've never been that syupid!

You don't want a vote do you /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif