1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU referendum - aftermath

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, Jun 23, 2016.

?

How did you vote?

1. Remain

45 vote(s)
    73.8%
  2. Leave

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Spoiled ballot

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Didn't vote

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Wasn't eligible

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Sadly, this is so very true.

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

This is the man who wandered around an English village with chums, singing Hitler Youth songs. He's a bloody disgrace.

S

Roger Hicks and peterba like this.
  3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Not in Scotland.

Scottish Labour were annihilated because of their role in lying to and disrespecting the Scottish electorate. The only reason they are still the third biggest party is the PR system we have for regions.

4. steveandthedogs

My grandparents [one lot] were Hewitts, which I believe is a sept of the MacDonalds. Do you think I could use use this to claim Scottish nationality in the event of independence?

S

5. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

So in the full knowledge that its going to have painfully serious consequences for everyone inside and outside the UK you are content? Sociopathic behaviour? Whats the correct deffinition for this type of behaviour?

Graeme

6. peterba

Quite - I saw that document too. :mad:

7. peterba

I was (without even consciously thinking about it!) referring to the English.
    The Scots have long demonstrated far more sense in this regard.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Well, technically just since the 19th of September 2014 when they realised how duped they were. SNP membership and support rocketed, and Labour's went into freefall. That's not too mean they are more sensible, just more aware and engaged than before.

9. peterba

Oh, alright, I admit it - my post was just a cheap shot at the English. :)

Zou likes this.
  10. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

I read somewhere on line yesterday that Richard Branson was just about to sign or award someone a contract which would lead to 3000 jobs being created in the UK, when he heard the referendum result he cancelled it! surely this is not going to do anybody any good......does anybody have any details on this story?......

11. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

https://next.ft.com/content/941a15da-3d46-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

He was going to purchase a company (so it wasn't creating any jobs), it isn't named, but if it was travel or finance related, I'd imagine it was a sensible decision. And it won't be the last company doing this either, no company is going to invest money when the risks outway benefits.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  12. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

The best thing I heard was doubts being expressed about that white elephant HS2 being started. Long may that be delayed!

steveandthedogs likes this.
  13. steveandthedogs

And possibly Hinckley. Though I saw some morons in the Mail [?] banging on about "Great, we can reopen the mines and build coal-fired stations." Seems fairly standard thinking for a back-to-the-fifties Leaver mentality.

S

14. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

I wouldn't dignify it by calling it thinking.

15. steveandthedogs

Sorry.

S

16. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

To recycle and update an old phrase- "I've half a mind to vote Leave, apparently that's all you need"

17. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Not so long ago Jeremy Corbyn was talking about reopening the mines.

18. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

19. steveandthedogs

Excellent article Mike, but do you really think MP's have the guts to vote against issuing Article 50? Of course they haven't, they would be too frightened of voters voting for someone else next time. They will follow just like Leaver sheep.

S

20. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member