1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson R3000 clogged up

Discussion in 'Digital Image Editing & Printing' started by Scoman123, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Scoman123

Scoman123 New Member

Hi,

So yesterday I bought an Epson R3000 with 4.5 sets worth of fotospeed ink for £75.00, the problem with the printer was the ink pad needed resetting and the head was very clogged but not totally, the guy was an older gentleman and just couldn't be bothered to repair it himself or pay for someone to do it for him so he bought a new one and sold this one.

I have added a external ink tank (which is temporarily a mountain dew bottle until i sort the head problem then i will install a proper permanent solution) & I reset the waste counter.

I managed to take the head from only printing yellow and a few lines of blacks on the nozzle check to printing every color except I believe Light Vivid Magenta. The one it isn't printing is the first Magenta in from the left on the nozzle check.

After leaving head cleaned to soak on a cloth under the print head overnight the Light Magenta did start to work but after a few more head cleans it has blocked itself up again.

I'm currently printing a few sheets of a magenta scale to see if that will help shift it but I still need to do head cleans as all of the other colours are working but the nozzle check isn't fully clean yet.

So my fotospeed inks are refillable inks. So I was wondering if its safe for me to either fill the cartridge with head cleaner or mix some head clean in with the ink & either let it go through a head cleaning cycle with that or to do some printing then seat a cloth of head cleaner under the print head so it gets attacked from both sides? I also assume that just removing the ink cartridge & squirting head clean down the tubes is a bad idea? or is that possible aswell?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I would suppose you just keep running head cleaning routines until it clears (or not). I'd follow the instructions that came with the head cleaning solution. Mixing it with ink I'd think would introduce the question of how do you completely purge the system? Either way you use up a lot of ink. Otherwise it seems that you know a lot more about it than me. I thought Epson printers automatically stopped when the waste ink tank was full and that there was nowt to be done about it.