1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson R2880

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by willie45, Mar 29, 2018.

1. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

I have one of these. I bought it just before my interest in photography waned and it's hardly been used. Unfortunately it's been sitting without any use for for 3 years. It's showing as having 3 empty cartridges but maybe that's because the ink has congealed in the nozzles or something. I don't want to spend £90 to get new cartridges to test it.

I thought of putting it on Ebay but as I don't really know how well it performs I probably won't. I want rid of it. I would give it to a school, college or charity if they would use it but it might need a little bit of attention. I'm sure it's nothing much, probably just needs ink and the heads cleaning and it would be good to go.

Any suggestions?

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I suppose you could just list it on Ebay with a similar description to that above, so that anybody who should buy it is fully aware of what they are buying, and could even be pleasantly surprised.

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. willie45

I'm pretty wary of Ebay and didn't want to open myself up for a lot of hassle but I guess thats sensible.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I am frequently surprised at the prices made by items that are not sold as working, in some cases of course they just need a little TLC or in others are suitable as spare parts or to be fixed with parts from another example. I am currently trying to sort a MF film scanner out that was dropped by the carrier and only works intermittently, I had two of the circuit boards checked by a local electronics operation who could not find a fault with them, I do have other ideas about what the fault could be, I don't want it to beat me!

5. willie45

Well you're right, of course No harm in trying :)