1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

EOS M 7

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Mark101, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I see the rumours are the M5 mk ii will now be the M7 with a release at end of 2020. I'm watching with interest.

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I love the M6 II. The external EVF is a better option for me as a two-eyed shooter, much easier to see what's going on. And it's a terrific little camera, too.
    I've been surprised just how much I like the M series, and how far it's come in the last 7 years.

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. Mark101

I will need to replace my 5D mk iii before too long and having used the M5 on a Canon experience day I was quite impressed, but not enough to rush out and buy one. However, I suspect the M7 will fit the bill. My main issue is weight, due to the loss of my shoulder socket some years ago I just have issues getting the 5D mkiii up to my eye with the various heavy lenses. I was considering the XT3/4, but that involves a total system change which I'd like to avoid is possible given all the other accessories in addition to lenses. Lens issues I can deal with over time and do a slow trade in if required.

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

The M system wormed its way into my affections. I bought an original M when they first reduced prices to help them shift - it was a lovely little camera with terrible AF, but I could carry it as a spare body and not notice it, and then just carry it and the 22mm f2 at times. Over the years, the capability has increased enormously. I stuck with the non-EVF models because I couldn't use most EVFs, then found I could use the M3 one, which still works on the M6 II. The M6 II would do me for everything if I stopped doing paid work, to be honest - it can't do conferences in very low light like my full frame cameras can, and although I like shooting landscapes on full frame, my body thanks me if I take the M instead.

EightBitTony likes this.
  5. Mark101

I have a Panasonic GX8 and found it's viewfinder really outstanding, but it's also easy to switch between EVF and screen.

ascu75 likes this.
  6. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

M6 mk ii is a great wee camera but I would prefer a built in viewfinder, a fully articulating screen and a pop up flash that does not give the impression that it is going to fly off completely at some point. Trying to persuade the wife she wants the M6 mk ii once the 7 comes out.