1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enlarger for 120 roll film

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by javell, May 11, 2009.

1. javell

javell New Member

Has anyone any thoughts on where I can source a second hand enlarger suitable for 6cm x6cm B&W negs? This is simply for a home darkroom..I am rekindling a hobby thats been dormant for a few years and prefer med format. I really dont want to spend the earth..what can you recommend? I am based in Stoke-on-Trent.

2. Manofolympus

Manofolympus Well-Known Member

Enlargers seem to appear on e-bay quite often, ranging from ancient antiques to modern colour ones. Due to their bulk they tend to be collection only, which can keep the price down, but you have to go and get them! Bear in mind you will probably have to buy a lens separately and even if it is a 6X6 model you may well have to source a neg carrier as most seem to have been used for 35mm. Other than that most online darkroom suppliers sell S/H equipment-but they tend to be more expensive.

3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

They also appear in local auctions and car boot sales quite frequently.

4. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

5. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

There are often FREE enlargers advertised in Camera Clubs-- visit your local one. I was given a nice Durst M305 35mm enlarger with 50mm f4 Nikkor lens and lots of accessories such as a Voltage stabiliser by a Camera Club member.Then I was GIVEN a Durst M 601 for 6x6 format by an Old Gent who read about me being President of Brentwood Photo-Club in the local paper+an Ensign Selfix 16/20 model II and a Yashica LM + some 1978 127 film for it !My boy has the Yashica and I have processed a roll of the 1978 Verichrome Pan and it came out well !

6. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

Save a search on eBay for enlargers withing a 25 or 50 mile radius.

7. yellowcat

yellowcat New Member

Don't just look for black and white enlargers, colour enlargers will print B/W equally well. If they are listed as collection only then that tends to keep the price down.