1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of another Job (Wed Sept 30) … new one Mon Oct 5th ..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Done_rundleCams, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Thanks Roger …. much appreciated :) and it tis a longer commute :eek: ….
    …. but only about 10 stops ;) and the same bus, woo hoo :D

Cheers,

Jack

2. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Frank …. much appreciated :) and, sadly, I won't have the fiscal leeway as in my previous place :( …….. unless, you can catch a plane and make it to Vancouver by 5:50pm on September 30th ;)

Cheers,

Jack

3. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Snorri …. much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Jack

4. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Mike …. much appreciated :) and, sadly and luckily (IMO), I shan't be getting keys to the place …… probably, ever :eek: But, there are always banks ;)

Cheers,

Jack

5. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Learning …. much appreciated :) and I hope, like when I can to Gastown, I can entice some customers to, at least, drop by for a browse :)

Cheers,

Jack

6. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Andrew …. much appreciated :) and I'm hoping so, as well, as they deal with a "more pro/commercial " crowd and so I'll have a fair bit of learning to do :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

7. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Barney …. much appreciated :) and I'm looking forward to it :D but ya better hurry up, mate, cuz I ain't getting any younger ;)

Cheers,

Jack

8. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Kenneth …. much appreciated :) and that's exactly what I'm hoping for :), although I have a lot of Nikon customers and they haven't stocked Nikon for a while :eek: but, apparently, they are talking :)

Cheers,

Jack

9. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Sam …. much appreciated :) and I'll have a slightly longer trip to work, about 10 bus stops further than Gastown was and, only 1 further from when I was at D&R :) You are correct, I do know the staff, fairly, well and I think that will make the transition a bit easier :) As for the "junkies et al", I imagine it will be the "usual suspects", from when I worked at D&R, only we'll all just be 10 years older ;)

Cheers,

Jack

10. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Congratulations and good luck in your new job!

11. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Kath …. much appreciated :) and 1 hour still the start
    of the last shift :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

12. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Neither am I Jack but I have a friend who has recently bought a condo in Vancouver so I've the prospect of somewhere to stay so it would just be a question of flights. Cuba, New York and a few European cities are further up the pecking order at the moment though, so it will have to wait at least a year or so. :)

13. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

I can't believe that it's nine years since you last changed job Jack.

I hope you'll find a comfortable berth at the new place and that you will still find time to take some pictures.

Best wishes

Elsie and Chris

14. Done_rundleCams

:D and, trust me, like London, having mates with flats in Vancouver, is one way to safe on dosh :) and, speaking of fares/flights, one of Western Canada's airlines (WestJet) is starting to fly to/from Gatwick-Vancouver next May and here's a link to some decent (I think) fares for May, just an possible example :

https://booking.westjet.com/InternetBooking/AirFareFamiliesFlexibleForward.do

I sent the same link via PM on FB as you'll probably see it sooner ;)

I'm really sad, I never got to Cuba/Havana before it opened up to America :( and New York is a place I'd like to go to and just wander about with a camera :) As for Europe, put me and me camera anywhere and I'll be happy :D

Cheers and looking forward to seeing you …….. at some point when I'm still in my 60's :D

Jack

15. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Chris and Elsie :) and having 4 days of not working can only mean a few things, to me, taking a boatload more photos and/or taking in a lot more movies :eek: . I'm hoping that spending lots of time taking pics will be less expensive than hitting the movies :D

Cheers,

Jack