1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empty film canisters

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Zou, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I've got loads of these kicking about, and use some for storing other wee bits and bobs. But I have too many; any good ideas what to do with them, or info on appropriate recycling if nothing else suits?

2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I was at a science lecture for children with a grandchild a while ago and learnt a new use for them. Half fill with a mixture of bicarbonate a f vinegar. A most impressive bang results.

Zou likes this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Seed savers

Zou likes this.
  4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

You can sennd me a few, I'm forever thinkng "Bugger, I could do with a film canister!" - I haven't shot much 35mm in yonks.

Zou likes this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

3 for £1 sound about right? ;)

I'm hoping to finally send off my backlog of film for developing this week. Nearly choked when the first lab I checked said £7/roll process only. :eek: Next place was half that, but still has a good rep. Glad not to go into three-figure price! If it's (as is likely) a naff summer at least I can keep busy scanning and dust-spotting...

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I use mine for saving Loonies and Twoonies :D

Cheers,

Jack

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

What's that for non-Canadians? Pennies?

8. breandanog

breandanog Member

Canadian $1 paper bill was replaced 1987 by coin with image of loon (waterbird) on one side; followed some years later by $2 coin, which obviously got called a twoonie. Loony, ain't it?!

John Farrell and Zou like this.
  9. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Make a whistle:

S