1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EF-m 50-200 - A revelation

Discussion in 'Lens Matters' started by pixelpuffin, Sep 25, 2021.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Sorry - but every time I hit this thread the blue lens grates.

not mine 586C941B-3D91-4403-9870-0C3A2A1B5579.jpg

EightBitTony likes this.
  2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Calibrate your monitor Pete, I don't see a blue lens.

May be I do, in post 1

3. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

How is you TV set up? If you are seeing skin tones that look 'plastic', make sure that any image processing is turned off - it may be on by default on some makes of set. Also, are there any light sources shining on the screen? Many sets are set up in the factory to give too much contrast and colour intensity because it's assumed that owners will watch them in bright rooms. Try dim lights and lower brightness, contrast and colour intensity. Finally, is there a default sharpness setting designed to make lower resolution images look 'better'? If so, see if that can be adjusted. A decent HD video source will show up problems that a lower resolution image may not.

Of course, most of the above also applies to PC monitors.

4. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I have found that the position and angle of my loudspeakers can make a significant difference to the impression of width and depth (3D effect) of a decent recording of real instruments in a room or hall (so this usually means chamber music). Too many people only consider the sound 'quality' (frequency response, detail, etc.) and never 'get' a sound that reminds them of being in a small concert hall and hearing real instruments from the best seats. Perhaps this is the audio equivalent of a technically perfect image that is all that many people expect, compared to one that really inspires them. It also helps that I know what real instruments in a small hall sound like, so can recognise when an audio system comes close to it.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

:)