1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay problems

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wonkydog, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Wonkydog

Wonkydog Well-Known Member

Anyone else having a problem logging in to their Ebay accounts today?

I've been trying all day without luck. Strange thing is - I don't know if it's related to the hotmail email I got late last night saying I was unsuccessful with a bid and did not win.

I wasn't bidding on anything! :eek:

I was interested in an item with a "best offer" feature but did not win - that was 6 months ago. Bidding has resurfaced without any action on my part. :D

2. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

No problem here.

3. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

No problem.

4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Not logging in no, but what's pissing me off right now is, not having used E Bay that much (only have a rating of 24), I have sold my Pan lumix FZ50 for £180. Paypal are now holding the money until I get feedback from the purchaser or 21 days has passed without dispute.
    The buyer has not left feedback, despite the fact that he received and signed for the camera 24 hrs after depositing the money in my paypal account ( the camera is in perfect condition).
    So at this rate I have got to wait 3 weeks because he can't be arsed to leave me feedback.Certainly put me off selling expensive items in the future, and certainly not to ebayers with a 0 feedback!
    It is my money, I want it now!

5. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

"I don't know if it's related to the hotmail email I got late last night saying I was unsuccessful with a bid and did not win."...............................you actually paid any heed to an email purporting to be from ebay on hotmail :eek: :eek: :eek: It's probably a fake! Just bin the thing! As for not being able to log into your account........................dunno what that's all about......................no problems with me or anyone else here it seems!

:eek:

BigWill

6. BigWill

I remember Tanya posting about a similar problem with ebay a while back. It really sucks doesn't it! Part of their new terms and conditions though apparently so there's not a lot you can do about it......................other than avoiding selling on ebay's sucky site ever again! :eek:

BigWill

7. Wonkydog

Cheers Bigwill, I've not had any problems in the past. Hotmail usually tells me if I've won something or not (legitimately)

If I'd got a junk email then yes, I would just delete it. It's just that it was about an item that I had made a "best offer" and not been accepted 6 months ago - strange.

Just manged to log in - nothing suspicious but I will be keeping a very close eye on things. Thanks for the concern.

8. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

No problem, just finished listing some items - I hate selling, much prefer buying!

9. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

No E-Bay account, no problem!

10. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

After dumping them many moons ago, no problem since!

I hope it resolves somehow for you but... :shaking head:

11. BigWill

The problem with not using ebay though is like saying "Hah, I've never had any more problems with the expense of buying new shoes.......................since I cut my legs off! :eek:" ;)

BigWill

12. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Just out of curiousity have you leave them feedback ?

13. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Yeah, I've seen that where sellers won't sell to peeps without at least 5 feedbacks :(

Anyway, you can always send the boys round to check all is OK ;)

14. SteveMilner

SteveMilner Well-Known Member

Ah, now this could be a little worrying.

The email you got to your hotmail account:

Did you click on any of the links in the email to log in?

If you did, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your password mat have been harvested and your ebay account may be being used illegally. If you have a paypal account as well with the same email address and password that could have been compromised.

If this is the case you need to contact ebay and paypal ASAP to alert them of this. I'm sure ebay have a fraud team you can contact.

Here may be a good place to start: http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/

Regards,

Steve

15. Wonkydog

Thanks for the warning - I am aware of phishing. I never click on links in an email, I always go straight to the website using the address bar or bookmarks/favorites.

Password changed just in case.

16. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Yes I have. They paid, so I was happy. Not now though. :mad: