1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay Easishop

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Benjiphoto, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

It's easy enough to set up a call divert to a mobile. The potential earnings may be enough for any fraudsters to take the risk.

Good luck to all the conned.

2. nonac

nonac New Member

Indeed, who knows what's going on?

I 'bought' a 1dsMkIII in an easishop auction. Paypal didn't let me pay because it was over £1000 and I had not set up a direct debit with them. Ebay subsequently cancelled the auction before I was able to eagerly part with my beer tokens.

I thought of a few possible scenarios for what might be happening. IMHO and given the current relistings, my current favourite is as follows:

Theory D: "They inadvertently broke an Ebay or Paypal rule (maybe tried to extract too much, too quickly, from their Paypal account) and to save face claimed that their accounts had been hijacked, resulting in the listings being cancelled. They don't have or intend to supply any camera equipment, but will take Paypal payment for it, withdraw a significant sum from Paypal (more cautiously this time) and quietly disappear."

Note that Paypal will only be giving refunds for undelivered items if the seller has funds to draw the refunds from. So if you have already paid by Paypal for an item from them, you may want to jump in the queue for a refund before the next person.

The requests from Easishop for buyers to wait for 10-14 days if they already sent payment, their continued polite communications and the re-listing of items in exactly the same way as when their account was 'hijacked' all support this theory- but of course it's just one of several possible theories & I could be completely wrong.

I do order a lot of small value equipment from Hong Kong, I like to shop there in person too (I go to Aus to see relatives) and amongst some good bargains what I have noticed is that a Hong Kong business with this kind of 'turnover' is not going to let equipment walk out the door for 1/2 of what there closest competitors are making from it.

I think I might have convinced myself to use my beer tokens elsewhere.

N.

3. ShutterNutter

ShutterNutter Member

Yes to all that but the "TKO" email from ebay did say that the login for easishop was being given back to it's rightful owners. It would seem quite a complicated con to have a really big commerce website with fake phones in london and Hong Kong.
    Maybe I'm wrong and i will never see the D3s that I bought but if I do i will be sure to post here by next week to at least give Easishop some good press if they have all this heartache through no fault of their own or some heavy flak if they are con merchants. :D

4. scaredofebaynow

scaredofebaynow New Member

My own theory is that easishop have been part of this all along.

Easishop were replying to early emails and phone calls when people questioned whether the goods were really for sale.

They also seem to be sending reassuring messages out to say that they were trying to solve the problem. But these seemed to be delaying tactics.

You’ve got to ask yourself why easishop couldn't apparently log into their account but freely offered refunds for goods that they hadn't sold. The other possibility is that their phones and email had been hijacked as well. But then it would have been very strange to the real easishop that they had received no emails and phone calls for several days.

How did the scammer know exactly what stock easishop had, because he appeared to be selling the same goods. The idea of the scammer and the real owner coincidently selling the same goods is just bizarre

There only one logical answer, the scammer and easishop are one and the same.

Something stinks here and eBay are allowing it to happen, in my eyes they are an accomplice to this fraud.

5. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Anyone expecting a load of happy purchasers to turn up and post positive things about this ebay trader?

6. alanS

alanS Well-Known Member

I'm surprised with the number of people turning up here. All I can say is that I hope that either the goods come through or they get their money back. :(

7. MarkLawson

MarkLawson New Member

Just to follow up on my previous post, I have received a full refund from PayPal and in future will be removing my credit card accounts from PayPal and substituting them with direct debits, which can be cancelled immediately (credit cards can't apparently).

I have seen that they are listing again, but to be honest I will not be bidding again.

I suspect that because they appeared to be the only business seller with an actual auction rather than a Buy It Now, because they were getting less money for their merchandise they had to find a creative way of pulling the plug. The last 5D I saw went for a tad over £300, I know that if that was me selling it for that I would be tempted to wriggle out of it.

Oh well, 5D is out of my reach now so I guess I will have to settle on the 40D instead.

8. nonac

nonac New Member

Mark, you may be doing this arse about face.

If you pay with direct debit you can cancel it before payment is made, yes. However, when it's gone out of your bank whilst you're waiting for despatch (goods are generally always sent AFTER payment) there is no simple mechanism to get your money back when the item is defective, misdescribed or plain doesn't turn up. Go to court maybe? In HK maybe?

With funding through a credit card, it would not be legal under the credit act for the card company to charge you for something you didn't receive. They do a chargeback against Paypal and return 100% of your money 100% of the time.

Only fund Paypal with your credit card (only payment up to £1000 possible). If you want to discuss this further go to www.paypalsucks.com

9. easishop

easishop Member

WELL IT IS VERY SAD FOR ME TO SEE ALL THIS BAD PRESS ABOUT MY MAIL ORDER COMPANY BASED IN HONG KONG.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Link removed in line with site rules on commercial promotion.

FIRSTLY EBAY MADE A MISTAKE AND TOOK MY LAST CHRISTMAS STOCK DOWN AS THEY THOUGHT IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE. THE LISTINGS ARE LEGITIMATE.

I HAD TO REFUND 1000'S OF PEOPLE WITH MY PAYPAL MANAGER WHICH I DID AS DID NOT WANT ANY PROBLEMS WITH PAYPAL AND ESPECIALLY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS.

I AM NOT A FAN OF EBAY REALLY JUST MY ONLINE STORES ARE MY SALES CHANNELS BUT EBAY IS A FAST WAY TO MOVE UNWANTED STOCK.

IF ANY HAS A PROBLEM YOU CAN CALL ME AND TALK TO ME AND NOT GOSSIP ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, OLIVER

10. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

PLEASE DON'T SHOUT!

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Might I suggest that people concerned do as he suggested, and report back on what has then happened rather than speculate?

12. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

No need to SHOUT!!!!!

13. nonac

nonac New Member

My 'Theory D' above is no longer my favourite. I believe that Oliver's explanation is more likely to be correct.

I have certainly learnt a lot about ebay & paypal in the last few days. This is not specific to easishop, this applies to all ebay/paypal transactions:

As a buyer it's very easy to believe that your transaction is safe- it's only safe (& it is VERY VERY safe) if you fund your purchase with a UK credit card and are thus covered by the CCA 1974, section 75. (http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchan)
    Ebay feedback is not everything. Even shops with 100% feedback can cease trading, leaving you without your goods.

As a seller it's very easy to lose your reputation in a flash with ebay and it's very easy to lose money with paypal. Even as a private individual if you sell your old camera using Paypal, the money will be taken back from you by paypal if the buyer raises a chargeback through their card company weeks or months down the line, irrespective of whether the seller gave positive feedback at the time.

N.

14. lozw

lozw Member

But isn't that exactly what is making people suspicious?
    For example, a Nikon D3 is "unwanted stock"? :eek: And you are happy to list it for £0.99 and sell it for less than £1500? :D

15. lozw

lozw Member

So how come YOU (not ebay) sent me an email after they were cancelled saying

16. easishop

easishop Member

because ebay took it as a case that somebody did login to our account and maybe someone actually did from another IP ADDRESS. In this business it is very difficult as it attracts so many fraudulent buyers. This is why if you notice I ONLY SHIP to UK CONFIRMED PAYPAL ADDRESSES ON EBAY

17. easishop

easishop Member

I DONT HAVE TIME TO TALK ABOUT THIS ANYMORE ON THIS BLOG AS I HAVE CUSTOMERS TO ATTEND TO BUT AS A ONLINE RETAILER WHO ADVERTISES IN ALL THE MAJOR UK MAGS SUCH AS STUFF, T3 ETC.. AND THE MERE FACT WE TURNOVER 5 TO 10 MILLION US DOLLARS SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

18. lozw

lozw Member

So you are happy to sell Nikon D3 for £1250?
    You are very generous indeed...

19. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

Your still shouting............. :rolleyes:

20. ShutterNutter

ShutterNutter Member

Look.............I think I said earlier on, that ebay do [****] up big time now and then and my own listings have been removed and my own login details used before without permission,(as it were), and I am just a domestic user.

I tend to believe Oliver. I have a couple of these items outstanding and I am waiting for delivery.
    I'm glad Oliver has come on here to defend his company and has, in the process, dampened any fears that buyers have had,(naturally),it's the right thing to do.

I will most certainly be the first to post when the items arrive on Monday the 14th Jan 08. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.