1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay buyer beware !

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephen Rundle, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

My photo

Serial number, right understood.

2. Stephen Rundle

I don't believe it they have now told me to take the camera back and issue a refund

I am appealing it, but I will take him to court if I have to no hesitation, being autistic I have no income so court is free

3. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Hopefully you've enough pictures of it from the listing that proves it's been tampered with ?

4. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Let him send it back (he will have to pay). It will probably will get lost in the post ;):)

5. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

No true .

I've sent plenty of things that I've bought that didn't match the discription on eBay , or was faulty .
    Typically lenses infested with fungi that the seller didn't state and hid in the photo etc .
    For some reason some sellers think they can list faulty items as "used" and they they can get away with it .

When you raise a claim for a return , either the seller accepts it to go ahead or eBay steps in and excepts it to go ahead .
    Then eBay provides a shipping note that is tracked . The buyer doesn't pay the postage .

When you post it , you , the seller and eBay are notified it's on its way .
    When it is delivered ( as it is tracked ) you , the seller and eBay are again notified .
    The seller then has a few days in which to issue a full refund ( as they have now received the item back ) , and if they don't , eBay steps in and issues it out if their account automatically .

Good for the buyer if their honest as it protects them from poor or dishonest sellers .
    Bad for the seller if their dishonest or some shite is trying to rip them off . :mad:

By the looks of things in Stephens case he's copping for a return , and the camera will be refunded and he'll be out of pocket for the camera and shipping both ways .
    And it seems the buyer has either damaged the shutter or swapped it for a faulty one out of he's camera .

Hopefully Stephen has enough photographic evidence to prove this in court and can sue the f**ker for fraud !

6. Stephen Rundle

I will have to find the photograph of the camera HE sent me

7. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Do you not have a photo of the shutter showing it undamaged before you sent it to him ?
    One that you took for the listing before you sold it ?

If not proving that it was o.k when you sent it might be a problem , especially as the camera was sold as faulty / for parts . IIRC .

Which makes it even more stranger that eBay should side with a buyer who bought a camera on the basis that's it's faulty / for parts and then received a camera that was faulty/ for parts ?!

8. Stephen Rundle

Oh I have those no worry

This is what he got

FOR PARTS NOT WORKING

Image7.jpg

This is what he is returning

shutter.jpg

9. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Hmm , looks a bit different .

10. Stephen Rundle

According to ebay (I record all my phone calls) they did not even compare my images to his !!!!!!

They said

Ebay responded in my phone call...

"Ebay is just a selling platform, we are the intermediaries, we are not responsible for resolving problems, we don't see the items before you send them or the ones being returned so we can not judge, it is up to you and the buyer to resolve differences between you but we strongly advise that sellers do accept goods back to help with good scores and future selling!

YCFO................... sorry

I may be Autistic I am far from bloody thick

11. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

For something that was sold for spares and parts , eBay's certainly took a funny approach to this complaint .
    The fact there's a rivet missing in the second photo shows it not the same shutter .
    Even if they fired the shutter and it jammed open it wouldn't look like that .
    It looks like taking them to court for theft or fraud will be your best option .

You'll have to accept the return and give the refund ( or else eBay will do it for you anyway ) and then claim it back off them through the court .

Good luck with sorting it out .

12. Stephen Rundle

Ever heard an Autistic person get pissed off with Ebay

13. Stephen Rundle

Oh I am actually finding this fun (really annoyed) but as an NUJ Journalist which I have now proven to Ebay this is becoming interesting.

I have also (she in Ireland) requested under the FOI act a copy of this telephone recording recording for the court :)

Complaints Department
    eBay Administration
    P.O. Box 9473
    Dublin 15
    Ireland

(Elysa C. eBay Customer Service)

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You've probably blown your credibility as a journalist there, as both UK and Irish FOIs only apply to public bodies, not private companies.

15. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

What Stephen needs to send eBay is a SAR

A subject access request (SAR) is simply a written request made by or on behalf of an individual for the information which he or she is entitled to ask for under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).

More information on SAR can be found HERE

Benchista likes this.
  16. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Well done Derek.

17. Stephen Rundle

Actually I sued a chap three months ago for breach of contract on ebay.

He made an offer, I refused, he made another again refused, then another, finally he bought at full price then sent me an email saying

I had NO intention of paying good money for a crap children computer game, you have had it on ebay for a months and no one bought it didn't you get the message !!!!".

As he had paid I had his name and address, so CCS made, I took him to court for the £99 as compensation, I was awarded the case and he paid, but he didn't get the game. That sold the following week for............................ £120

If more genuine sellers dealt with these lowlife buyers they wouldn't try it on.

18. Stephen Rundle

It has changed since then, 2018, as an NUJ Journalist in Wales I use the act a lot. :)

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/data-protection-act-2018