1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-P1 firmware upgrade version 1.2

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by nspur, Jan 14, 2010.

1. nspur

nspur Well-Known Member

E-P1 users should use Olympus Master to install the latest firmware upgrade. You can also upgrade the firmware of the Panasonic 45-200 if you are using that. Though not mentioned specifically in the notes this upgrade appears to make autofocus quite a bit faster (faster, that is, than the 1.1 firmware upgrade).

2. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, I'll get on to it!

3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Any comments on the AF speed of the new firmware (especially on Oly lenses not yet upgraded to CAF) would be gratefuly received

Thanks

Roger

4. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

'fraid I don't have any news on other Oly lenses, but certainly focussing is a fair bit snappier now, especially compared to a 1.0 firmware camera. Just wish they had a few more *tweaks* (like being able to switch off the green power light!).

5. nspur

nspur Well-Known Member

I wish they would pay more attention to users of manual lenses (especially as there isn't a viewfinder). Panasonic users complained that on the GF1 it took two button presses to get a magnified MF screen so there was a firmware upgrade that cut this to one press of the wheel and when pressing the shutter button halfway the zoom is removed and you can check framing and take the shot.

On the E-P1 (and E-P2) you have to move to the Zoom Live View (which may take several presses of the Info button), press the very small OK button for the zoomed view, focus, then you have to press the OK button again to cancel the zoom and then press the shutter button. If it wasn't for the fact that my manual prime lenses all have distance scales I'd give up on the E-P1 for manual lenses and then probably sell it (which I might do anyway as I really can't be doing without a viewfinder, it's only the in-body IS that's holding me back).

6. shonamay

shonamay Member

Could you please tell me where I find this download...have looked on the olympus firmware update service page but unable to see it or am I having a 'blonde moment'!!
    thanks
    Shona

7. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

If you connect the camera to a computer and load the Oly master package, then in the main browse window select "Update / language" and the program should check the available updates and give you a choice of which ones to select.

Do not forget to do it with a newly charged battery and if possible a cable connection to your router (instead of a wifi connection) as if the connection fails half way through you will need to send the camera back to Oly to be fixed.

Roger

8. shonamay

shonamay Member

Many thanks Roger for your reply to my query. Have taken note on how to do upgrade but our BB is very unreliable so may need to wait until we get stronger signal as I dont fancy having to return camera to Olympus
    Regards
    Shona :)