1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynax Lenses

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by RonM, May 23, 2001.

1. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Can anyone out there help/advise me, I'm in a bit of a quandary, I'm hoping to come into a bit of dosh in the next few months, which, I was thinking I could convert into a Minolta 85mm f1.4G D lens, the Minolta 300mm f4 or Sigma 300mm f4.
    The question is, if I decide on the 300mm option, is the Minolta lens significantly superior over the Sigma or is the difference negligible? Whichever lens I end up going for, it will be fitted to a Dynax 7 and a Dynax 600 Si.

RonM

2. raminolta

raminolta Member

Quite a while has passed from the original post. So here is my opinion if it,s not too late.
    I don't have noone of the lenses, but from what i have heard from other people, the Minolta 300mmG lens is supperior and a very excellent lens. Sigma
    lens is also very good and less expensive than the minolta one. So i all depends on your budget. I don't think you would be disappointed with any of them.
    85f/1.4G is a celebrated lens. If you do a lot of portrait, this is a very good lens, but not the only option: There are any other options most of them less expensive than this one: 100f/2.8D macro lens, 100f/2, 100f/2.8soft focus,
    135f/2.8. ALll are excellent lens. On a similar situation, i evetually went for
    100Dmacro which is also a celebrated les. But i do more macros than portraits.
    I have seen some people use this lens as their main portrait lens.
    Ramin