1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynax 5 review?

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by NigelM, Aug 3, 2001.

1. NigelM

NigelM New Member

I've been in Tenerife for a couple of weeks and have missed two issues of AP.

Did AP review the new Dynax 5 while I was away? If not, Doug, any idea when AP will be reviewing the new Dynax 5?

I bought a brand new Minolta AF 50mm/f1.7 lens in Tenerife for £60. Best price in the UK is mail order at £99 P&P. Another example of rip-off Britain?

regards,

Nigel.

2. raminolta

raminolta Member

I think in US the new version of this lens is sold for about $70, while there are lots of used ones on the market for about $40 (check www.keh.com or www.ebay.com). Do you have to pay tax and duty importing used equipment?
    Regards, Ramin

3. NigelM

NigelM New Member

I've seen "good" ones advertised privately on ebay as low as $25. Fedex would charge $40 to ship one from KEH in Atlanta to the UK. You then have to pay import duty on the declared value of the goods and a transaction fee on your credit card for the dollar/pound conversion and then there is the risk if it is faulty and the delay to consider.

Gifts and personal items up to a value of £142 brought with you to the UK on your return from the Canary Islands are exempt from duty.

Nigel.