1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSC HX300 files query

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by Cavair, May 16, 2016.

1. Cavair

Cavair New Member

My HX300 seems to be showing the files on the computer differently to what it used to - when connected it used to show up as DSC HX300 and the files in folders with date order. Now it is showing them under three drive letters - two with DCIM etc and one as PM Home. (txt License files) I can still see the latest images etc in DCIM on H, while I drive shows thumbnails, each at 100+ kb and a few of several mb from 2014! but why is it now showing up as 3 drives?
    The images are just in a long list and not in date folders.

also after connecting to PC and switching camera on it is no longer showing the "connecting to USB " message on the camera screen.

At least i can still see and copy the images on the PC but i just wonder why it is showing differently??
    Does it indicate something wrong with the camera software?
    Many thanks for any advice!

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

You had any 'upgrades' install themselves on your PC recently? Sounds like there's been a change in the way your OS reads the camera's file system.

Personally I'd suggest getting a card reader and using that, I've always found camera to PC communications a headache...

3. Cavair

Cavair New Member

Thanks, yes upgraded to WIN 10 a few weeks ago, so perhaps it did change with that...but does the camera have 3 internal memories, so to speak, which would explain why it shows the files as 3 drives?! Anyway, It does make it easier to put card into a reader!!

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

There's always at least two folders, a DCIM one and another. Reformat the card when you've got the images off, should resolve the extra folder issue - it's almost certainly got there by accident.

For the rest, it depends how you tell your computer to deal with files.

5. Cavair

Cavair New Member

Thanks for this. Will do.
    Richard