1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Dropped my heavy gears for simple setup produces this great result!

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by learnphoto, Jan 24, 2020.

1. learnphoto

learnphoto New Member

I owned Canon 6D, G7X, X-T1 and lots lots of lenses, flashes and tripods.

So I bought X-T20 in 2019 for NZD$850 and a used 18-55 for NZD$350.
    Boy, it blows my mind! I am able to get sharp, crisp and low noise shot with this USD800 combo.
    I traveled the japan getting every shot as how I wanted.
    The only limitation is MYSELF.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upload

Now comes the VIDEO! It is AMAZING for its price!

Must watch in 4K: Osaka 4K Video

Just set -2 highlight, -2 shadow, standard profile and you are good to go without colour grading.
    The standard profile gives you natural yet pleasing colours. The AF is OK with most slow subject.

Good luck to camera buyers out there! Keep it simple.

Less gears = more mobile = more chance to capture split second moments!

2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Congratulations, having the kit that is right for you is much more than half the battle.

In December 2018 I had a week in New York with just a 24-70 f2.8 and a D4. Yes it would have been nice to have the 14-24 on occasions and on one day the 70-200 would have been useful but overall, having just one lens worked well.

3. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Gee....this reads just like an advertisement. Odd how $NZD and $USD prices are both mentioned.
    Curious too, that an almost identical post is on Photo-net. And on Dpreview, and Fred Miranda...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Andrew Flannigan and RogerMac like this.
  4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

They has also been very well processed in Photoshop CS6 so not exactly straight out of the camera. That's just the one I thought worth checking

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Wellll. It could be a coincidence...

John Farrell likes this.
  6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There’s nothing wrong with a bit of incontinent glee!

The Fuji X APS-C cameras are well regarded. Handling and EVF improved a lot with the “3” generation so, in 2019, if I were buying I’d probably choose the XT30 over the XT-20 but I doubt you’d tell the difference pictorially.

Giving up a 6D seems excessive, it isn’t all that heavy, but several people posted on here have downsized for weight benefit. A Fuji system does make a good, light kit though you need a latest generation camera to get close to SLR responsiveness.

7. John Farrell

I think the post is just to get the link to the video on the web - a standard SEO tactic.

8. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

It's a spam post

9. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Oh I see. Wasted on me. Not interested in camera video and never follow links.

Andrew Flannigan and GeoffR like this.
  10. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Always be suspicious of people who use lots of exclamation marks!

RogerMac likes this.
  11. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Or anyone who's "really excited about this!"

12. John Farrell

Note that the OP hasn't returned to the site.