1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this imply that he is gone from the BBC.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Learning, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Working for exposure, eh? What a silly billy that other speaker is. ;)

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Gary Lineker is not a photographer as far as I am aware...:rolleyes:

3. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Given that my TV licence fee accounts for 1/23,270,440th of the total BBC budget, I doubt my opinion on individual programming counts for much. I still reckon I get good value for my £159 a year, despite never listening to Radio 3,4,5, local stations, and watching a tiny fraction of the television output. FWIW Vennessa Feltz has to be the biggest waste of money. The best VFM must have been the late Patricia Routledge, as Keeping Up Appearances is the most successful export the BBC has ever produced.

Learning likes this.
  4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Been showing his new specs range on the BBC.

5. Learning

I count the licence fee good value as well. I listen to radio 3, 4 and world service. I get my news from the BBC web site. Watching TV free of adverts on BBC1,2 and 4 is good. I also use I-player.
    IMNHO The licence fee is the best going deal in news and entertainment.
    I can see why why competitors want to destroy the BBC.

6. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

With the Tory gubermint doing Murk-Dock's bidding.

7. Learning

But you are biassed. Or should I be polite and write "maybe have a political conflict of interests"

8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I think my irony meter just exploded! :eek:

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

No, he was never a saint. Famously a fox.

beatnik69, MJB and Fen like this.
  10. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

It really is beyond belief, sometimes! :confused:

11. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

I completely agree with that. All of them are paid too much as presenters and sportsmen

Andrew Flannigan and peterba like this.
  12. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

I believe it was Guy Martin who said - "I have nothing against football as such, I just do not see the point of watching 22 millionaires chasing a ball in their underwear."

peterba likes this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

And I've never seen the point of watching a man child who needs a haircut driving things fast, but nobody asked me. :rolleyes:

peterba and MJB like this.
  14. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Maybe he's in a rush to get to the barber's. ;)

Zou likes this.
  15. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Maybe somebody said to him if you drive this thing fast enough I will give you a great big bag of money and you will be able to get your hair cut out of the proceeds.

Zou likes this.
  16. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

and be rich enough to chase a ball in your underwear.

Zou likes this.
  17. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

There's a female with a short and weird surname (not Feltz) that heads up a TV programme (maybe BBC?) interviewing people at the moment, who really annoys me because of her asinine comments, which I think is a much greater waste of tv money than Gary Lineker.

18. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

And the debate continues on and on. I find the TV licence fee great value but others think I think it shouldn’t exist I like Volvo’s my brother is a Ford driver. Everyone has different tastes different opinions and everyone has different values. I don’t think I would refuse if a television show offered me vast amounts of cash likewise I hope someone else wouldn’t criticise me spending said money on the Leica M10 monochrom and also shed loads of dosh on expensive glass. And let’s face it there are even people out there who support different political parties :eek: To be honest I don’t actually care about any of this stuff and am only writing this stuff out of boredom while waiting for the morphine to kick in and now I’m feeling slightly better I will try and get some sleep. Goodnight all from a very poorly Don o_O

Learning, WillieJ, AndyTake2 and 3 others like this.
  19. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Kia kaha, Don.

20. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead