1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Does Anyone Know of Camera Repair Shops in Fife, Scotland?

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Mawkguc, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Mawkguc

Mawkguc Member

Hi,

Does Anyone Know of Camera Repair Shops in Fife, Scotland?

I have a Panasonic Lumix - DMC-FS10 with Sytem Error Focus. The lens will not retract. I am told this a common fault. So i would like to get it fixed.

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

CEX sell these for £15 in working condition, to be honest it's not worth fixing, just buy another camera.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Bang it on a table on the base. Sometimes that will dislodge a piece of grit.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

We had similar question recently. Most shops charge to send away a repair so you risk £30 to get the answer that it is broken. I presume Panasonic have an authorised repair centre so you could try asking them if parts are still available. For a 2010 camera of its type it has probably had a good innings. I'd give it a couple of taps as Catriona suggested. If I remember the last post correctly, someone said there was a tendency for some internal gears to get stripped.

Edit: Can't find the post I am thinking of - must have been another bridge camera

5. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

It's a 10 year old design and any repair is likely to be close to the cost of a new, modern equivalent camera. Sad as it may be, if the impact with hard surface fails to get it to work you would do better to buy a new model. As has been suggested, first thing to do should be to call Panasonic UK to see if repairs are still supported with appropriate spare parts. You could always try reputable secondhand dealers if the price of a new camera is truly beyond you

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

This is not an eighteenth century, or like, apple press,for producing juice to make cider; that should be repairable for ever, long after every component has been replaced several times. It is a here today gone tomorrow camera .Like that famous parrot; it is dead
    Panasonic still make very nice cameras and other makes are available.
    Ideally take it to the local recycling centre where it might be treated as electronic waste with salvageable materials, More likely it will go to landfill or an incinerator. That is of no fault of yours. If you do your bit , then you've done your bit.

7. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

It's a far from uncommon occurrence on many cameras with similar types of lens, an inherent fault of cheap mass-production.