1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Do we still really need 1p and 2p coins?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dorset_Mike, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

I do wonder why banks seldom seem to have enough cash counting machines for each window at their branches. According to the prices shown on the internet, it would cost less than £500 to equip each position at a UK bank and I reckon that would pay for itself in less than a year.

Mind you, I think I pay in cash roughly once per year! :)

2. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I don't think that they do count them - they weigh them.

MickLL

3. BikerMike

BikerMike Well-Known Member

Yes, banks have always weighed coins and have always given out those little plastic coin bags for that reason - but nowadays, at my local bank anyway, you cannot mix coins in the same bag, even though you once could.

Mike,

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

A 2p does the job but a 50p is my tool of choice for QR plates and focus rails....or a key but bottle tops are rubbish;)