1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY Dark Field Macro Illumination

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by daft_biker, Apr 21, 2009.

1. AdrianHarris

AdrianHarris Well-Known Member

Daft Biker - I am always in awe of your extreme macro photography. This is a great and very inspiring setup.

2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Thanks Adrian :) Took a few attempts to get it setup but it tuned out pretty well and I've now got loads of impovements to make both to the setup and to my technique....great fun :D

3. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

An inspiring project Andy and one I may well try myself but does it mean I shall have to take up smoking in order to test the set up?

Toodle pip! Andrew

ps I'm now in possession of Satnav!

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Cheers Andrew :) Smoking would be optional...I used strobe mode on the flash to see what was going on too. Just put your hand above the rig and move it up and down to see where the light goes. The smoke shot was taken after I'd used it just to show what was going on :cool:

5. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Ah, smoking...god I miss it Nice set up Andrew...keep it up and us informed of your progress....great stuff, very interesting. :)

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Will do Colin...ta :) Am sure there's some creative possibilities with this too ;)