1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digitising slides,best method?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by swanseadave, May 21, 2012.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Can you be a bit more specific in your link? Searching that site was not very helpful.

2. eagerbeaver

eagerbeaver Well-Known Member

Epson flatbeds are a good idea, My 1480 is a godsend.

3. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

Anyone tried one of these?

Looks like just the ticket for those of you stuck with crop frame cameras.

4. eagerbeaver

I may be thick but I cannot see why a crop frame neg is useless

5. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Those of us who've shelled out the extra for Full Frame have to justify it somehow!:D

Don't let it worry you. APS-C has one of Canon's best zooms in its armoury - the EF-S 17-55 F/2.8.

6. eagerbeaver

You seem to lack an understanding of crop and full frame. A zoom lens cannot increase the A O V of a crop camera. All scanners will scan the full negative or tranny. I had my interest whetted talking about NIKON and MINOLTA scanners so I dug my MINOLTA dimage 3 out of the rubble. Yes it loads OK on to my Windows 7, but horrors I have thrown all my films away,except for a few odd ones. The dedicated film scanners are a waste of time My EPSON 4870 will scan 24 35mm shots in one pass. The film scanner takes a heck of a time to scan 6. The quality is very similar for both methods Usually about 350 kb. So I will just put it back to sleep again.

7. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

What a load of Dingo's kidneys.

A crop frame is not per se useless, but a crop frame dslr is useless with a full frame slide copier, that is the point you are missing.

8. eagerbeaver

There is no such thing as a crop or full frame scanner.

9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

did anyone say there was?

10. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Try reading what is front of you, the word used was copier not scanner. I would suggest that there is a noticeable difference between the two items.

11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

not sure if the billy goats gruff have their work cut out?;):D