1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DigitalRev

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Brianboru, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DigitalRevDeals

DigitalRevDeals New Member

In regards to your query, we would like to inform you when ordering from the UK, the price you pay upon checkout is in fact all inclusive. Any VAT/Import duties that maybe charged to the parcel will be covered by us.

Hope it can clear all your confusions, enjoy your shopping at DigitalRev! :)

DigitalRev Marketing

2. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

cheers for updating and confirming this....a very happy DR shopper here

3. J H Foto

J H Foto Well-Known Member

They provide an excellent service and usually way cheaper than anywhere in the UK..

4. SteveH-73

SteveH-73 Member

Sorry I am a bit late to this thread, but I also have a good experience of DigitalRev... I ordered a Nikon D7100 from them on Tuesday afternoon, and it is now winging its way across the world with DHL. £649 all-in (Body Only), so a nice saving of close to £200.[​IMG]

5. Nytsom

Nytsom Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that Dave. Looked at some cameras and lenses with DigitalRev; and found them quite a bit cheaper on UK camera sites. But their Canon cameras and lenses seem to be very competitive? most of the time. Do customs have duty on stuff from HK?

6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

^ I understand that DigitalRev will reimburse customers on charges of import duty and vat levied, on production of the relevant documents.

7. SteveH-73

SteveH-73 Member

All taxes etc. are included - The price on the site is in total.

8. Nytsom

Nytsom Well-Known Member

Need to look carefully at the offers on DigitalRev! I looked at three or four cameras earlier today; and found that I could get all of them cheaper in the UK and a couple of them for less money at my local camera shop..

9. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Examples please?

10. Donkey

Donkey Well-Known Member

Closest i can get with a quick look is a Nikon SB910
    Digital Rev £319
    Currys £339

Digital Rev requires an additional £15.00 for expedited delivery so they end up £5.00 cheaper but i can get it from Currys in an Hour :)

11. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

^ And should it develop a fault it is easier to throw it back into Currys!

12. Nytsom

Nytsom Well-Known Member

Really? There are several

fuji x-m1 with lens £499 on DR

several UK sites down to £439 and best at £389

GX 7.. Cheaper in
    uk shops

13. Steve Bell

Steve Bell Well-Known Member

I'm interested in a Tokina 11-17mm for my D7100, and Digitalrev's price is far better than WEX etc. I tried them out ordering the older model Powershot S110, still a very capable pocketable compact. It arrived in a few days, shipped from HK, well packed and with no additional costs. Enclosed in the box was a UK adapter for the charger. Compact enough to fit in my jeans pocket, considering its limitations, an amazing camera. This has given me confidence to buy from them again. Just a satisfied customer.

14. Hammer_Drum

Hammer_Drum Active Member

Just ordered my Canon 70D 18-135 IS STM and a 50mm 1.8 MkII from them.

Hope it's closer to the 3 days rather than the 5 :D

15. southonline

following the tracking every hour will drive you crazy :p...it did me :rolleyes:

16. Hammer_Drum

Already am...

It's been dispatched.

Lots of feedback here saying it took about 3 days which would be perfect, prepared that it might take longer with customs etc.

17. Hammer_Drum

Ordered Sunday night at 6:45pm, it was in my hand by 6:15pm Yesterday (Tuesday) in Central London.

Hong Kong to London, ordered, packaged and shipped in 48 hours, and a saving of around £300.

I will be using these guys again!

18. southonline

result, and at a guess you've probably got enough bubble rap to last you a lifetime LOL.. I stopped saving it

19. Hammer_Drum

Yes my flat is covered in the stuff now!

20. Alphadog

Alphadog New Member

Me To !!!
    Fantastic customer service and fast delivery better than most UK stores !!
    I finally ordered my Sony A77ii on Friday Morning at approx 11am just at the end of the Hong Kong working day. I received my order at 11.40am on Tuesday.

I bought the camera and lens kit for £1k saving £500 on the UK Price, the Camera alone in the UK would have cost me £999. !!!

Extremely well packaged, UK charger, manual and Worldwide warranty included.

As for the service even better, I original ordered just the body but I changed my mind for the full kit. I was able to cancel my order and reorder with no issues. I do recommend the webchat as he best way to communicate though.