1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dig dimage 2300

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by christie, Apr 14, 2001.

1. christie

christie New Member

hi,

i am looking in to buying a digtal camera and have been told the minolta dimage 2300 is a good buy. Does anybody know the quality for A4 photographys or is there a better camera that is recommended in the same price range £250-350( this would be online pricing)

cheers

2. Hug

Hug Member

I work in a camera shop, so I have to recommend you try our website, jacobs-photo.co.uk. I don't think much of the 2300, it's a pig to use and it has no optical zoom. Best alternative is probably the Fuji 2400, which is much more friendly and has a 3x zoom. If you can afford it, upgrade to the Canon Ixus V, which is smaller, more robust and has more features, though less zoom. A 2-megapixel camera is perfectly adequate for, say, 6x9" prints, though a full-page A4 print will start to look a bit 'digital'.

3. Allan

Allan Member

Did you buy a camera? I have a Dimage 2300. Takes a bit of getting used to, but I like it. Very good results and pretty foolproof. I wouldnt describe it as a pig to use, but then I am not trying to sell cameras! But yes, A4 will look a bit digital, even with most low/mid range cameras, and some top range.
    Good luck in your choice.

Allan