1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Did the Earth move for you too?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lounge Lizard, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Paul_R

Paul_R Well-Known Member

And the bed in our house, also in Middlesbrough!

2. Paul_R

Paul_R Well-Known Member

So, not only did the Earth move but your bowels, too? :D

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Wonder how many people were actually, y'know, getting it on when the earthquake happened...must have been their best ever... :eek: :eek: :D

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Chinese Karoke A-OKAY :D

[​IMG]

5. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

LOL all the old farts (ahem pensioners) have been up in arms about this all day where I work, no doubt it'll keep em going for weeks chatting about it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. I slept through the whole event and was woken after when my Mum and Sister were shouting into my room about an earthquake, I shouted back to "bugger off" and went back to sleep - this morning I wondered whether or not I'd dreamt it.

6. Tacitus

Tacitus Well-Known Member

Probably quite a number!

One standard question to people who phone the various enquiry lines is 'What were you doing at the time: outdoors, sitting reading, watching TV ... etc ?'

When I worked in this field in the late 80s it was pretty common to get embarrased silences, nervous giggles and replies of "I'd rather not say", especially when the event was after midnight. The women callers were the ones whose responses were most revealing: the blokes tended to bluff it out .........

;)

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

South Notts.....seismograph at work nowadays .....
    Are you one of those BGS people based at Keyworth?

8. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

Felt it up here. Was watching Lost on Virgin tv on demand when I felt deep rumblings and it started to shake and the peanuts and lava lamp fell off the top of it. Thought it might have been a police helicopter after escapees from Wymott again at first until I felt the vibrations. Cat stayed in bed all day too, didn't even get up for breakfast, not like him.

9. Tacitus

Tacitus Well-Known Member

Keyworth? Never 'eard of the place! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

I was at the computer, researching something or other to do with narrowboats having given up on the AP site, when it struck. My reaction was 'it's just an earthquake' just ignore it. My daughter, who wasn't around in '84, thought the tree outside was about to fall on the house emerged from her room uttering a chain of expletives, my wife slept through it although it featured in a dream.

11. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

But only when the boat comes in. :D

12. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

Yes, but don't buy it yet. I've just heard it will be upgraded next month to 5.3.1 to include 'ChimneyP0t Fixer III' and 'RoadCraka VI'

13. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Did you realise that the earthquake the other night was 82% as powerful as the BIG quake of 1931?

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Was that the one centred on Mount Olympus? That was 4/3 as powerful as the one the same year in the Himalayas that effected K2 and E3... ;)

(Whoops, an error - K2 was being savaged by an unfair fiscal arrangement on writing implements at the time, and it's actually K2 DMD that I mean...)

15. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

16. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

17. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Re: Knocked out by trophy

That far, I saw the sofa scenario and binned it. It is amazing what passes for 'news' these days. :(