1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decision time!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nicxx, Feb 23, 2003.

1. nicxx

nicxx Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwww. The moment has finally come. That orgasmic sexy thing Clive has posted in the For Sale section http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showpost.pl?Board=collectibleequip&Number=3583&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5">http://http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3343&item=2913095938&rd=1 ">http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showpost.pl?Board=collectibleequip&Number=3583&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5 or this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....a week ago! Ohhhhh gotta decide quick! ermx

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Erm, I would certainly trust Clive. Well, I did on the Leica. Just because he sucks the blood of virgins doesn't make him a bad person./img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Nick BSRIPN

3. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Would you buy a used telephoto from a well dodgy Vampire?

.........well yes frankly! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(Only a flash git Vampire would have a hotmail address with "007" in it!)Will

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Re: Would you buy a used telephoto from a well dodgy Vampire?

And he's going to need some more money soon for a new Leica MP.

Nick BSRIPN

5. BigWill

"for a new Leica MP"................Good God, they've got representation in the houses of parliament next!!!!!!!!!

Big(Vote Leica.........you know it makes sense!)Will

6. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

I'd send Fangs an email Nicxx - far safer bet than ebay - I was also tempted but resisted

Wilko (alter ego mode)

7. Stef_Pause

Stef_Pause Well-Known Member

I'll second that - buy from the man you know, rather than the one you don't! (Esp. given my last eBay lens transaction.) Common sense really /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Nice lens BTW

8. nicxx

nicxx Well-Known Member

Sorry to sound thick but is there a difference between Clive's and the ebay one? What's the difference between ED and IFED? Or is Clive's also IFED? ED is extra dispersion, yes? IF is nothing to do with Image Stabilising, which is IS or VR no?

I'm pretty sure they're the same model, but thought I'd better check with you guys..

I've mailed him but I need to know pretty soon in case I have to go for the other one.

ermx

9. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

Unless, of course, you are a virgin. Then it wouldn't be a good thing /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Fen.

<iframe width="366" height="61" scrolling="no" src="http://www.fenris.co.uk/who.htm"></iframe>

10. BigWill

The "IF" bit stands for "Internal Focus" Erm which means that the front element of the lens doesn't rotate when it's focusing (handy if you're using a grad filter or whatever). I think Fangs lens is the internal focus model (in fact I'm pretty sure it is!) but just check with him...............although he's not usually up out of his coffin at this time of day.

BigWill

11. BigWill

If you can't get hold of Fangs........

........ask TimF Erm. He's an old Nikon man and should be able to tell you which lens it is from the picture attached to this post. He's online here at the moment.
    Oi Tim..............Erm wants a word!
    BigWill

12. Lounge_Lizard

Lounge_Lizard Well-Known Member

Would you buy an IF lens? IF it focussed. IF it works. Maybe it stands for InFerior. Canon are no better - they've obviously never heard of the Simpsons else they wouldn't call their new technology lenses 'DO'

David

13. BigWill

Well lets hope they never bring out a D1L with "DO" technology or they'll have a "D1ldo" /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

14. nicxx

nicxx Well-Known Member

Erm, but David isn't the fact it belongs to Clive an assurance that it works? I do trust him...! What are my alternatives?

No really, I need any help I can get because I dont know all that much, which is why I come here for advice and very excellent it is. IF (excuse the pun) it's a big problem then I need to know why...do you mean that it has no manual focus ability at all? Or just that if the AF doesnt work I'm buggered?

Any help gratefully received!

ermx

15. BigWill

Old Stoatey's just being funny Erm, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with 80-200 f2.8 IFED Nikkors (or any Nikon lens for that matter), indeed quite the opposite as the high end Nikkors like the f2.8 IFED 80-200 are built to a very high standard both optically and mechanically. Rest assured that if you buy Clives that you will be getting a mint example from someone you can trust.............trust him, he's a doctor! (and part time Vampire and Druid!) /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

P.S. It also has excellent manual focus capability of the "two touch" (seperate rings for focusing and zooming) variety.

16. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Re: If you can't get hold of Fangs........

He's online here at the moment.

Not at 8:06 I wasn't Will. Having me tea and watching telly, so I was! /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Tim BSRIPN
    [​IMG]

17. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

I'm afraid my orgasmic sexy thing has gone, Nicola. At least, it had the last time I looked. /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

18. BigWill

.........and the lens as well! Bummer! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill