1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

December 2009 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of December 2009. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of December 2009.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

Rosy-fingered Dawn

[​IMG]

Lingley Mere, Warrington. Around 7:45 a.m.

3. Longun

Longun Well-Known Member

Commute

Taken with an iPhone, from the car whilst crawling along in slow traffic.

[​IMG]

4. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

46 jackets

46 jacket potatoes about to be baked for a primary school Christmas Fair. Once cooked I have to deliver them.

[​IMG]

11:30ish, my kitchen, Grantham

5. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

A Frosty Start

[​IMG]

First frost of the winter and out with the scraper :(

Nikon D40 with Nikkor 18-70mm, around 8am.

6. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

HER new car

(But she's at work and left me to get it taxed :) )

[​IMG]

7. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Nicked.

Taken in Bedford town centre about 11:15 a.m. on December 1st 2009.
    This little Vauxhall, driven by a diminutive asian lady in traditional dress, carefully picked its way into the "no-cars-allowed" pedestrian precinct and parked outside the HSBC bank, into which the driver then disappeared. At this point her luck ran out as the traffic warden hove into view and started writing.

Sadly, I was late for my 'bus, so could not hang about to see the outcome.

[​IMG]

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

80mm Rodagon

Giving this little puppy a try out today. :)

[​IMG]

1st of December, 2009; about 3:20pm - in my darkroom, at home in Dorset.

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

C.O.D

Not that this game has taken over my life or anything... but when I got up.....

[​IMG]

10. Just arrived through the post!

The third version of the Topcon R - the "Automatic". In those far off days of 1960 this tag merely meant that the lens had an automatic diaphragm!

[​IMG]

The "R" (version 1) was launched a couple of years before its main competitor the Nikon F for the Professional market. Unfortunately an upgrade to an auto diaphragm (version 2) in 1958 was not enough as the Nikon F was ahead and didn't need an external arm (Exacta style). So this latest model was launched - it bombed! Hence their rarity! Not until 1963 did Topcon leap ahead of Nikon with it's square cut RE and TTL metering.

Now to try and find Version 4 - even rarer with a meter socket and single shutter speed dial - the trouble is they fetch £300+

Paul

11. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Too icy to cycle safely to work this morning so a combination of a lift and walking got me there. I felt a bit of a wimp travelling in a car, but when I got out I just avoided a fall on black ice. On the way I could see this rather nice sunrise, but the best was over by the time I was able to use the camera. Hendon flats, seen across the river Wear in Sunderland. Circa 8:35 a.m.

Canon 20D Zuiko 28mm f3.5

12. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Basel Xmas Markets

[​IMG]
    In Basel for a conference. Tis the Christmas Market and Gluwine season.
    Taken about 7pm (local time).

13. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sympathy card being filled out this evening for a friend whose Mum passed away at the weekend...

G>

14. cpfc12

cpfc12 Well-Known Member

15. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

A rare event

so rare recently how could i resist this mornings colours.....no grey or rain in sight

[​IMG]

16. snowqueen

snowqueen Well-Known Member

study time...

10 days to go till projects due in, better make a start!!
    my house 9pm dec 1st

[​IMG]

17. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Pizza Ape

[​IMG]

Pizza for tea from The Pizza Ape.

Home, Devon, 18:30, 1 Dec 09

18. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

Advent Cat. :)

[​IMG]

I meant to take a picture of the Advent Candle - Thomas got in the way... :)

Living room, december 1st, 9pm-ish, Nikon D70.
    :D

19. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

First door in the Calendar

[​IMG]

20. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

On frozen pond

[​IMG]

Frozen pond. Scotland Lane, Bartley Green, Birmingham 13:50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.