1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

December 2009 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Dec 1, 2009.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for comments arising from the December 2009 picture thread.

2. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

APchris

Home-made food! School Fair!!

You like living dangerously Chris... Watch out for the jobsworths. :rolleyes:

Nice 'range' BTW. :cool:

3. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Re: APchris

It's quite normal for the little private school Mrs APchris works at Someone was supposed to organise the making of mince pies by the parents but it hasn't happened so SWMBO has gone to ASDA to buy some!

Spuds are smelling nice... must go and check on them :D

4. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Determined not to miss First View, I stuffed a camera in my jacket pocket this morning.................. my M2, the film is washing as I type.

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Wow - that's dedication to the cause! Distinguished FirstView Service Medal for you. :)

6. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Sorry - no pic this month! I went out in the dark, came home in the dark and didn't see daylight once all day!! Bloody meetings......

7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

You never know, the shutter release might press in the process, and you'll have an entry for this months comp :D

8. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Dave! The day isn't over yet! :eek: Another five and a half hours left to take a pic!!! :D

In fact a shot of the dark through the window once you are in would describe your day perfectly! :cool:

9. cpfc12

cpfc12 Well-Known Member

But what time did your meeting start? Mine was at 8.30. On the beach at 7.00. Frozen at 7.05. Defrosted by 8.00 one gallon of diesel later. :D

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

OneTen - Pizza Ape

Richard, that does look seriously yummy [and unhealthy! ;)] - I feel a quick trip into town coming on, when the rush-hour traffic has abated. :) [Haven't got a 'Pizza Ape', but I'm sure Morrisons can supply something vaguely adequate.]

11. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Re: OneTen - Pizza Ape

We used to go for Morrison's own; fresh oven ready pizzas, more than passable. ;)

Wanchai Ferry stir-fry tonight though.

12. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: OneTen - Pizza Ape

I shall have a shufti and see what they've got - it's only a little town-centre supermarket (and a small town at that), so there's not always all the choice you'd get in a decent sized place. But it's usually pretty good quality - I'm seriously impressed with their curries, for instance: not far off restuarant quality, IMO. Actually, I think that'll be 'plan B', should it prove necessary. :)

13. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Thanks very much, everyone - the picture thread is now closed, except for late-comers - pm me as usual for re-opening the thread.

And that completes FirstView for 2009 - almost. Keep an eye on this board later in December for an all new, thrilling, star-studded, gala spectacular, no expense gone to, FirstReview of 2009! :)

As with last year you'll have some choosing of pictures to do, but it won't be quite the same format. All will be revealed in due course - watch this space! :)

14. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Shirley you mean the space below ;)

...oh, I've just used it up with this post

15. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

You know, I thought when I typed that, "somebody's going to quibble with this!" [​IMG] ;)

Anyway, yes, yes, I know, it won't be this space exactly, but it will be a thread on this board, in a new space - so watch it! :)

16. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

On the other hand, relative to the space on my screen and since I have to scroll to put the message where I can see it, it is the same space, arguably . . . . :rolleyes:

17. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

But how will I know which bit of space to watch? :D

18. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Tell you what, I'll post it in the same space, but in a parallel universe - then everyone will be happy! :)

19. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

But which one of me would have to be watching the space?

20. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Okay - this is clearly going to be harder than I thought! ;)

Right, I've got it - what I'll do is post a 'heads up' to let everyone know that there's some news about the FirstReview 2009, and in it I'll let you know what space it's in, when, and all that stuff. So, watch this space. :)