1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

December, 2008 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by Chris Cool, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of December, 2008. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of December, 2008. Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm Huw - who'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the new FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

It's cold outside...:)

Young Jack on the radiator:
    [​IMG]

Nikon D70, 8-ish, my living room. :D

3. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A shot of my new desk in my new job on 1st Dec, with proof that film is not dead.

4. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Frozen shed door lock: [​IMG]

5. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

Aylesbury's new suspension bridge nearing completion! Nikon D80 Sigma 24mm.

[​IMG]

Andrew

6. LesR

LesR Well-Known Member

I'm not getting out until breakfeast is ready!

[​IMG]

Les
    10:00am Nikon 5700

7. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

At long last........

........a new phone. I hated my old one with a passion and was finally able to upgrade it.

[​IMG]

8. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

Re: So cold !!

Out with the dog at first light,proper winter weather, almost singing 'in the bleak midwinter' to myself as we strolled along. This was taken with my Nokia 6500
    [​IMG]

9. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

London Wall

London Wall at 12:35, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX01

[​IMG]

Note the most unusual sight of 2 (yes, 2!) London taxis with their 'For Hire' lights on!!!

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Re: London Wall

turn on laptop this morning
    what do I see
    I see this note
    staring at me
    [​IMG]

11. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

More Houses

More houses that no-one can afford to buy - these being built in my village. I passed them on the way into town to do some shopping. There were only two places in the village that flooded back in 2001 - they built on the one spot a few years ago, and now they've built on the other.

[​IMG]

1st of December, 2008, 10:26am. Near Blandford, in Dorset.

12. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Re: Shall I do it....!

[​IMG]

...just about to click "Add to Basket"

About 14:10 hrs

13. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Wakehurst Place

Nice light this morning, even if it was bl**dy cold! [​IMG]

14. sar

sar Well-Known Member

Re: Shall I do it....!

sat in a hive in the garden for a hour
    [​IMG]

15. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Re: Distracted

Working from home office today and I got distracted.
    [​IMG]

About 5 minutes ago.

16. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Selling Unused Kit

[​IMG]

Taken at 1:30 this afternoon in my front garden. I'm selling all my film gear and spent an hour photographing it all.

17. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Lovely Weather!

Literally the first photo today, taken at 14:08,and straight out of the phone!
    Sort of...
    [​IMG]
    Wanted to capture that van as it went past but missed it!

18. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Santa is grounded :)

[​IMG]

19. 4BIKER2

4BIKER2 Well-Known Member

What no train

Went diving this morning and took this shot of the old rail line running down into the quarry, this shot was taken at about 10.30 and 10.5 meters down :)

[​IMG]

20. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

Stock

[​IMG]

Checking stock and some returns I picked up from a gallery at the end of last week.

1.10pm today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.