1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

December, 2008 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by Chris Cool, Dec 1, 2008.

1. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Re: Shall I do it....!

Yes, I did :) arrives tomorrow :D

...BUT, as it's officially my birthday present I have to wait till the 14th before I can play with it :( :( house rules... :mad:

2. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Which one was it?

3. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Re: Nokia N95 8GB

My previous one was the E61 and I hated it, but I still kept faith with Nokia. ;)

4. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

I'm overdue an upgrade with Orange (tempted by the Nokia N95 (been a Nokia head since day one)), but their site is so horrendously slow, every other page is 'Ooops' - all well and good being trendy with custom 404's but I'd rather the site just bleedin' worked!!

5. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

a200

6. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Curious, I've never had a problem with their site.

7. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

The site, in general, is OK, it's just when I get onto the https/secure server for the accounts & upgrade shizzle it seems to fall over a lot.

Oh well, God's way of telling me I don't need a new mobile (he tried to tell me not to buy the Nintendo DS's earlier today, but failed miserably). :( :rolleyes:

8. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Could you not just go into the orange shop and upgrade? That's what I did (with 3) and it took about 5 minutes.

9. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Don't drop it, our youngest's DS was dropped less than 1M on to a wooden floor, looked immaculate, no damage to the case or screens. Would not turn on, apparently the processor sits quite high off the main board and can twist the board enough to crack the solder joints on the header socket. Cost me £40 to get it fixed :(

10. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Using the website for an upgrade? Nah, phone the cancellations department having found an interesting deal elsewhere so you can haggle with them :D

11. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

I used to love Nokias, always had them but when camera phones came things changed. My first camera phone was a nokia 3200 think, vga but they all were then. then things got sophisticated very fast but nokias cameras seemed to get left behind, whereas Sony Ericsson's just got better. It peaked with their W800i, THE finest camera phone I've ever come across. Its well old now, the buttons dont work and its full of dust but the camera still gets used.

12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

er not sure what you mean....
    no I didn't but someone else did

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I've done that before, but last time they couldn't or wouldn't find a plan that was anywhere near as cheap as what I already had, whereas I got a new phone on the same deal off their website - Vodaphone, that is, rather than Orange.

14. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

:D :D :D :D

15. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Whoops !! I forgot

Sorry, I was really busy at work and then trying to settle Forum War #200 in one of my posts put me off. I'll try and do better next year honest !! :D LDB

16. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Re: Whoops !! I forgot

Ah, another year over

17. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

Just to help with your essays Nic I thought the following might be useful.

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
    Who was very rarely stable

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
    Who could think you under the table

David Hume could out-consume
    Wilhelm Freidrich Hegel

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
    Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel

There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya
    'Bout the raising of the wrist
    Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will
    On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill

Plato, they say, could stick it away
    Half a crate of whiskey every day

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle
    Hobbes was fond of his dram

And René Descartes was a drunken fart
    I drink, therefore I am

Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed
    A lovely little thinker
    But a bugger when he's pissed

or maybe not!! :D :D

18. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Eggselent, sounds like I'm in good company :cool: :D

19. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Blimey, haven't heard that in a while.. :D

20. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

The picture thread is now closed. Aside from late-comers (pm me, as usual, to get the picture thread re-opened) that completes the second year of FirstView. [​IMG] Many thanks to all of you who have participated, not only this month but throughout 2008. And a special thanks if you have used the FirstView Gallery for hosting your contributions - that will help us to make sure that in years to come the record remains as complete as possible.

FirstView will continue in 2009, but in the meantime look out for the 2008 FirstReView, which I shall be putting together over the next couple of weeks or so. Hopefully it will be posted here in the run up to Christmas. I can't promise it will be riveting stuff, but if you've enjoyed participating in FirstView you might enjoy a little reminder of all our thrilling lives over the last twelve months. :D