1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

De-cluttering

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pixelpuffin, Aug 16, 2020.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

You must be joking. Strictly for the collectors I'd think. For the knives I have bought the utility decreases as the number of blades increases. Once you get past the bottle opener/screwdriver it is all downhill (or down-leg once the hole in the pocket gets big enough).

2. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

When I made my first move it was from a 5 bed 1800 sq ft Edwardian terrace where I'd lived 58 years to a 2 bed 700 sq ft bungalow. The decluttering was horrendous, more trips to the charity shops and to the tip than I care to think about.
    This move was an upsizing, to a 3 bed 1400 sq ft house, so very little dumping needed.
    I did have some things that didn't get used for about a year, but since they were £14k worth of astro imaging kit it was just a matter of getting other things ready for them. No way was I going to get rid of them.

3. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

The camera kit will go before the SAK MT collection. I agree it’s easy to hoard stuff, hence this thread. I’m off work for a fortnight this Friday -skips already booked !!

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Talking of Swiss Army Knives, has anyone ever needed to pick a boy scout out of a horses hoof?

DaveS, John Farrell and Catriona like this.