1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darkroom Facilities

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by pilliwinks, Nov 17, 2005.

1. pilliwinks

pilliwinks Well-Known Member

There seem to be quite a few people active here who use darkrooms at college or university. I would be interested to know how good these are - what the equipment level is, and so on.

I admit to no other reason for asking that my own nosiness...

2. sillyconguru

sillyconguru Well-Known Member

My college (PCAD) has:

3 (linked) B&W darkrooms with about 25 enlargers and 1 Ilford print processor, 7 sinks (with dev, stop, fix, wash etc).
    1 colour darkroom (split into 5 smaller rooms) with 12 enlargers and 1 print processor.
    A film processing room, which has film (& print) driers, sinks, etc.
    A small darkroom (basically, a cupboard) for film spool loading.

The enlargers are mainly De-Vere & Durst (the B&W De-Veres have Ilford heads fitted with digital timers)

3. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

Do you have to be on a photograsphy course to use it or just a student at the college?

4. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

My college has a darkroom with 17 enlargers set up around the wall (mostly good Durst ones with VC heads and digi timers) as well as a couple of different lenses other than the "standard" it also has a wet process room on the other side and from the darkroom (the dev, stop and fix trays being in the middles coming out from one wall) you put your prints through a "waterfall" and they come out in the wash on the light side. It's a really nice set up and could be wonderful if it wasn't for the bloody students ;)