1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damaged in transit

Discussion in 'Digital Image Editing & Printing' started by Monobod, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I mostly order my A3 paper directly from Epson as I find the high street shops rarely stock A3 and if they do the price is way over the top.

Recently, even though the box arrived in a bubble wrapped envelope, I have had problems with one corner being squashed, obviously dropped onto the corner. The result being that all of the sheets in the box have a crumpled corner making them useless for full sized printing. This has happened more than a few times.

How have you fared, is this common place, or have I just been unlucky.

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I enquired about this a few months ago, before purchasing A3 paper by mail order, and was reassured that postal deliveries were OK. So I ordered from 7dayshop.

BUT, exactly the same thing happened to my delivery of 2 packets of A3 Epson Premium Glossy. 7dayshop kindly refunded my postage, but whilst the gesture was very welcome, it didn't repair the corners of my sheets. Both packets are damaged. The outer Epson packet shows little apparent damage.

Others posting here do seem to have had more luck than us.

3. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

The person posting has responsibility for the delivery in good condition of the package. They must refund or replace for non-delivered or damaged items. They should settle your claim in full and just refunding the postage is not correct. They in turn can claim on their carrier but that is not the buyer's concern.

I would insist that they replace the damaged goods or make a full refund - including postage charges.

4. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

I have suffered in the same way in the past and it really is annoying. Recently I purchased some A3 Plus paper privately (ebay) and asked that the packing be sound. Excellent job with oversize card wrapped around and 40 sheets arrived pristine. So ask when purchasing. Supplier name of Picatech in this case. Good people.

5. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

I once got graduation pictures through the post. The company had sent it in what I would describe a really sturdy packaging with "do not bend" on it. But what did my postie do? Stuff it in my mail box .... I had paid about 40 quid for these and when I complained about it to Royal Mail, the refunded all the money. :)

6. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I'm sure that this must happen often and at great cost in refunds. I would have thought that reinforcing the corners with thin expanded polystyrene all in an oversized outer cardboard box would solve the problem for good.

I will suggest this to Epson....look, another flying pig......