1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D700 in Elements?

Discussion in 'Digital Image Editing & Printing' started by taxor, Jan 8, 2010.

1. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

A little help with this one please! I'm thinking of getting a Nikon D700 body. I'm currently using PS Elements 3 (I also have Elements 7 but I much prefer the earlier version). My question: Will Elements 3 (or, if necessary, Elements 7) allow me to upload RAW files from the Nikon or will I need some other (and doubtless expensive) software to do this. Apologies if this sounds a bit elementary, but usually I'm a dyed-in-the-wool analogue nut and find it all (the software, not the cameras) a bit confusing. Many thanks, T.

2. Meredith

Meredith Well-Known Member

Check with Adobe as to whether the RAW converter with Elements 7 works with the D700. If not, you can download Adobe's free software to convert RAW files into DNG files which can then be opened in Elements 7. I don't know if Elements 3 will work with DNG files.

3. john2

john2 Well-Known Member

Acording to the Adobe website, CAMERA RAW 5.1 will process D700 Raw files, and is compatible with Elements 6 or later. So if you download the latest version of Camera Raw 5 and install it in your Elements 7, then you should have no problem.
    John