1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

D5300 factory reset

Discussion in 'Nikon Chat' started by dazdmc, Dec 31, 2019.

1. dazdmc

dazdmc Well-Known Member

I know I can press and hold the MENU + i button which resets most things but I want to reset my camera back to factory settings, as if it just came out of the box. I can't find anything online which suggests to me that there may not be a way to do it. I have had the camera for around ten months now and have spent this time playing with settings and getting to know it as well as I knew my film cameras. Now I want to start using it seriously and want to start from scratch if possible. I know I can go through the manual page by page to find what all the default settings are but that could take quite some time.
    Anybody know of a way to do this?

TIA

daz

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

pdf search saves paging through the manual - use full reader search.

I've never used a Nikon but on a Canon reset settings is easy enough to find in the menu system.

3. dazdmc

dazdmc Well-Known Member

thanks anyway but I think I've found that by resetting the shooting menu and then reset the custom settings should work. I wasn't really looking for the right thing which is why I couldn't find it!!!

4. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup